Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Horrible mom of the year award goes to me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I missed a meeting at the school tonight and my aunt is flipping out saying im an unfit mother. This is the first time I have EVER missed anything school related.

I left my ex a few months ago and had to start working. The info for this meeting came home on Monday, by the time I picked DS up from after school care and saw it, it was past 6. DS had a dr appt Tuesday after school, and I got home barely in time to feed them and put them to bed, and yesterday had to take my grandma to an appt as well. Friday DS has ball practice and for 1st grade the parents cannot leave the school grounds during practice. Tonight on my way home was my only chance to get groceries and we didnt have any extra to last until Saturday.

I tried to be done in time to go. I really did. I just got released from work late enough i got caught in the rush of everyone else getting off work, and it took longer than I had hoped. I work an hour from home, the store is halfway home from work. That is the neareatstore and there are no fast food places or convenience stores closer either. I cant just go around the corner and fix it. The school is 15 minutes from the house and 45 from the store.

But what was I supposed to do? Let the kids and my grandma go hungry so I could go to a meeting about a program that was addressed when I called a conference with his teacher? I think i need a clone.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:10 PM
One missed meeting isn't the end of the world, tell your aunt to chill.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:13 PM
That's what I said. Especially since I went over this program in detail with the teacher a few weeks ago.

Quoting Danesmommy1: One missed meeting isn't the end of the world, tell your aunt to chill.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2016 at 6:55 AM

It's no big deal really

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2016 at 7:19 AM
Does your aunt typically respond to you in this manner?
Osstie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2016 at 7:27 AM
You're ok. You need to give yourself a chance to get used to this kind of lifestyle. Was the meeting for conferences? My kids' teachers offer to have the conference over the phone for busy parents like you. Hang in there!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 29, 2016 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Why are you telling your aunt who would respond in such a manner your business. ?

These posts like this remind me of someone who feels bad about missing a meeting so to get rid of the guilt they elaborate an "aunt" who tells them they are "bad" so a bunch of Internet strangers will say "awww, it's ok!"

These type of posts are just weird to me.
Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2016 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. It really was no one else's business who attended or not.

I think the real question was where was the ex. Guess who else could have attended that meeting for their child?

Quoting Anonymous 4: Why are you telling your aunt who would respond in such a manner your business. ?

These posts like this remind me of someone who feels bad about missing a meeting so to get rid of the guilt they elaborate an "aunt" who tells them they are "bad" so a bunch of Internet strangers will say "awww, it's ok!"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2016 at 10:10 AM
She watches my older kids after school until i get off work. So she knew when i got there to get them that I wasnt going to make the meeting and went off on me.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Why are you telling your aunt who would respond in such a manner your business. ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2016 at 10:11 AM
Hes in a different state and we havent heard from him at all since I left him.

Quoting Rhodin: Yes. It really was no one else's business who attended or not.

I think the real question was where was the ex. Guess who else could have attended that meeting for their child?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)