Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why is it her job?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

my dd is the president of the anime club at her school. today, when I was picking her up, there was a furious mother getting in dd's face about the "assignment" that's "due" tomorrow. dd "assigns" episodes or chapters to watch/read so they can discuss them on Friday during the club meeting. at the end of this mother's rant, she told my dd to learn how to be a role model, which ticked dd off and she snapped "I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't party and I'm graduating a year early. how am I NOT a role model to the younger kids? because YOU don't approve of the anime I suggested? your kid watches far worse, that I'm not allowed to suggest. maybe you should talk to him instead of being pissy with me". the mom is now trying to shut down the club (which won't happen, dd is very particular about following rules because some anime/mangas are really vulgar)

my question is, though, why is it her job to be a role model? granted she's a good person to look up to but why is it her job? just because she runs the club?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:44 PM
This is a club at a public school?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:44 PM

yes

Quoting PPCLC: This is a club at a public school?

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Anyone in a position of leadership should be a good role model. So, yes, because she runs the club it is her duty.

Your DD seems fine. The "assignments" are just like any other book club. Unless the club is getting in the way of this other child's school or family duties, the mother had no reason to go off on your DD like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:47 PM

it was because the anime was "violent". its an anime called inuyasha.

Quoting smorgan865: Anyone in a position of leadership should be a good role model. So, yes, because she runs the club it is her duty. Your DD seems fine. The "assignments" are just like any other book club. Unless the club is getting in the way of this other child's school or familiarly duties, the mother had no reason to go off on your DD like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:50 PM

It is her job to be the president of the anime club at her school. It is not her job to be a role model. If the mother had a problem with the anime that was suggested then she should have told her child that her child would not be watching or reading about that anime and to ask your daughter for a different one to learn about.

Carmel63
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:52 PM

Is this at a high school?  

Diva-Mami
by Petty LaBelle on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:54 PM
Meh, like she said, there is a lot worst out there.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

it was because the anime was "violent". its an anime called inuyasha.

Quoting smorgan865: Anyone in a position of leadership should be a good role model. So, yes, because she runs the club it is her duty.

Your DD seems fine. The "assignments" are just like any other book club. Unless the club is getting in the way of this other child's school or familiarly duties, the mother had no reason to go off on your DD like that.

imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:56 PM
Of course she needs to be a role model she's in a leadership position. This seems like common sense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:58 PM
That's not her job. Her job is to run the club.

Quoting imthatgirl0607: Of course she needs to be a role model she's in a leadership position. This seems like common sense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:58 PM
Yep the kid in question is 14. Dd is 17

Quoting Carmel63:

Is this at a high school?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)