Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Payday is tomorrow but it's not enough.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

Before everyone gets really judgemental, please be a little sympathetic. I had things somewhat under control when I lost everything, including my 6 months of savings. I lost my life insurance and ended up overdrafting $200 on my checking account before they closed it. That's where I'm stuck now.

My son's pre-k bill is due tomorrow. Actually it was due two weeks ago but they were kind enough to postpone it until tomorrow, which is when I get paid. After I pay that, I will have $4. That's it.

Thankfully I have rent covered. I have family who will help me out with food, but can't really do much else. I owe $80 for babysitting, which I need to pay this weekend. I also need gas, at least $30 until my next paycheck. Walking would take about 4hrs a day, which I can't do.

I don't have a whole lot of spare time because of work. My next paycheck will be better, but right now I need to come up with $110. I signed up for Amazon's HIT program, and found a $300 gig, but it requires a bank accound to deposit into. Does anyone have any advice? I have nothing to sell, no friends or family to borrow from.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:49 PM
I would talk to the daycare again. Tell them you have the payment, minus $110 and that you appreciate their help up to this point, and is there any way they could wait on the rest of the payment.
Other than that, I don't know... Can you sell some plasma?

No judgement from me, by the way. Been there. Scraping it pretty close to the barrel this week actually.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:50 PM
so a parent to use there account prayers you can fix mistake and rebuild. I can't imagine I have 220.00 after food and has and I am freaked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:52 PM
You have a vagina ... if your even semi good looking you can make some money
4ofSpades
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Is it cathartic to let it go here? This is the absolute worst place to share anything exciting or in need of sympathy. There are always vultures circling.

We've been there a few times. Every single time we thought we weren't going to make it until the next payday or the next month miracles happened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:53 PM
You have a vagina ... if your even semi good looking you can make some money
4ofSpades
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:53 PM

BOOM!

Quoting Anonymous 4: You have a vagina ... if your even semi good looking you can make some money

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:56 PM

I would love to sell plasma but the nearest center is $40 of gas away. I think if I absolutely have to I will talk to her tomorrow but I'm going to leave that as a last resort. If I don't pay on time he loses his spot (and there's a huge wait list ready to take his place) and then finding a new provider would become a nightmare. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would talk to the daycare again. Tell them you have the payment, minus $110 and that you appreciate their help up to this point, and is there any way they could wait on the rest of the payment. Other than that, I don't know... Can you sell some plasma? No judgement from me, by the way. Been there. Scraping it pretty close to the barrel this week actually.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:56 PM
You have WON the internet lol

Quoting Anonymous 4: You have a vagina ... if your even semi good looking you can make some money
countrymomma81
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:56 PM

You can get a Chase Liquid card. It's basically a prepaid debit card but with the benefits of having an actual bank to deal with. 

It's what we use for bills or anything that must be drafted from our account. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:57 PM
What are you trying to say???

Quoting Anonymous 3: so a parent to use there account prayers you can fix mistake and rebuild. I can't imagine I have 220.00 after food and has and I am freaked.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)