Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 600lb Life

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Does anyone watch this show?

I can't help but only feel a little sorry for most of these people, the rest of the time I'm sitting here thinking "how the hell could you let it get this bad?!" One woman insisted she was following a diet and yet she was still eating like a slob.

Thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:55 PM

the enablers.make me sick..you dont see youre fucking killing them?i saw one where a 19yo,his mom overfed him because if he was skinny,hed leave her..think about how sick that is..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:58 PM
Yeah, I don't get it. You don't HAVE to bring them food, you're choosing to. I'd rather listen to the bitching then help kill them by making them fatter.

Quoting quinnsmom715:

the enablers.make me sick..you dont see youre fucking killing them?i saw one where a 19yo,his mom overfed him because if he was skinny,hed leave her..think about how sick that is..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:00 PM
Especially when the enablers are their parents...like wtf can you not see what's happening? Tell them NO.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:05 PM

The majority of folks who are morbidly obese also have a mental health issues ( often depression) and many have had significant loss or pain in their life, some trauma in childhood including sexual or physical abuse or chronic neglect , exposure to domestic violence, lack of stability in a caretaker . They medicate and fill a need with food. Secondly, there is treatment and support out there and ways to get help. i would end by saying that these people face huge amounts of exclusion and discrimination in society and terms like " eating like a slob" is an example.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:06 PM
I find it disgusting and sad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:06 PM

That is why family treatment is very, very crucial in treating this population.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah, I don't get it. You don't HAVE to bring them food, you're choosing to. I'd rather listen to the bitching then help kill them by making them fatter.
Quoting quinnsmom715:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:09 PM
Those excuses can only take them so far. This lady I'm watching is 678lbs at age 50. 50!! I just don't understand how that many years can pass by and yet they still continue to let themselves suffer rather than seek help.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

The majority of folks who are morbidly obese also have a mental health issues ( often depression) and many have had significant loss or pain in their life, some trauma in childhood including sexual or physical abuse or chronic neglect , exposure to domestic violence, lack of stability in a caretaker . They medicate and fill a need with food. Secondly, there is treatment and support out there and ways to get help. i would end by saying that these people face huge amounts of exclusion and discrimination in society and terms like " eating like a slob" is an example.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:19 PM

I am a clinical therapist working in an outpatient clinic. I work with a child and adolescent population so I have not been privileged to provide treatment to anyone suffering from morbid obesity. I do have colleagues who have treated clients with some level of eating disorder or unhealthy relationship with food. I would like to circle back to depression, most every morbidly obese person has very high levels of depression, some have agoraphobia, anxiety and other mental health issues. If you can see them as having a medical and mental health issue which requires intense (often inpatient medically focused) treatment, perhaps that may help with the understanding . Don't assume these folks have never been in treatment, many have.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Those excuses can only take them so far. This lady I'm watching is 678lbs at age 50. 50!! I just don't understand how that many years can pass by and yet they still continue to let themselves suffer rather than seek help.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 28, 2016 at 11:05 AM

I haven't seen it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)