Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you sacrifice being a sahm

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
For your kids to go to a better school? I really want my kids to go to a private school but as my husband I'd the only one working we cannot afford it so I would need to get a job. Staying at home with my kids before they are school aged has always been very important to me and by the time my youngest is ready for school my oldest will be in high school and I don't want to wait that long.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dissonance
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:07 PM

I guess it would depend on a lot of factors, mainly being the difference in the schools rankings, test scores, etc. 

Barlowgirl125
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:08 PM
You'll just have to decide which one is more important to you. Both are nice but neither is something that has to be done, and since you can't afford both you'll just need to pick one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

There is a lot I would like for my family but I have to be honest of what I could actually do. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I'm already a career woman so if I could afford heck yes I'd send ds to private school.

Especially if they have a proven track record of their kids advancing.
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Its all about priorities and what you think is most beneficial in the long run. Looking at the big picture, what do you think is more beneficial for them? Having mom home thier entire school career, or getting a better education? I would make a list of pros and cons. What will they be missing by you having a job and what can you do to counteract that? Like hiring a house cleaner to do all or some of the cleaning so that you can spend a weekend afternoon bonding with your kids.

If we lived in an area with crappy public schools, I would work to send them to private school. If the school is good, then I might look at ways to enhance their education and increase thier chances of getting into a good college rather than pay for private school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I would find ways to help my kids further their education at home instead of sending them to a pricey school. I would never give up being a sahm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:13 PM

Yup! I hate my sons school! they are the worst preforming elementary school in the district. I decided to help education him because I know they suck and early education. Their test scores are sad. I asked the district how can I change and they responded "go to private school" I am in school now (my kids are 5 &3) so I can by a home into the bellevue school district by the time my oldest son is 10. Education is key and I have decided to work hard educate myself so I can pay for it. 

redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:13 PM
No, I would move first.
rachellaree20
by Rachel on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:13 PM

It really depends on how much better the private school would be vs the public schools.  I'd say yes in a heartbeat if I lived in some of the areas that have not so great public school systems but the public schools in my area are pretty good.  In my case I'd probably choose to stay home though it's hard to say for sure since none of my children are school aged yet

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:14 PM

That wouldn't be a sacrifice to me. I absolutely would. And I'd be working anyway. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)