Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very proud of my son today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
Like every day at 2:20 my 12yo called me after school to say he was walking to the park to play football/basketball/ baseball/etc. I told him great and be home by 4:30.

Well, at 3:10 he called to say he was on his way home. So of course when he got home I inquired why he chose not to stay.

Well, they were playing football and a boy their age came over to play too. I guess he's not very good so the other kids said he couldn't play. So my son said...hey it's fine he can be on my team. Well the other kids still weren't having it. So my son left.

This kid blows me away every day. He might be the kindest person I've ever met I am so blessed to know him.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:09 PM

That's wonderful that your son did that. It was very kind of him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:12 PM

You know, I would very, very proud of my son as well. That kindness, empathy and caring nature he has is most likely encouraged in the home by those who have taught and guided him. I am not sure if this matters ( it does not matter to most) but I am a therapist and work with children and adolescents. I have been in the field of human services for close to thirty years and have worked with hundreds of children from ll kinds of families and backgrounds. We even run groups in the clinic that I work in that teaches social skills and one very important one is the ability to show empathy and kindness to others...your son could come and be our guest speaker!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:17 PM
To be completely honest, i don't know that I've instilled this in him. He's always had an understanding for how others feel. And I'd love to take the credit for it, but I don't know that i can.

I have two other kids and while they're both great kids, they are much more typical than my middle child.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

You know, I would very, very proud of my son as well. That kindness, empathy and caring nature he has is most likely encouraged in the home by those who have taught and guided him. I am not sure if this matters ( it does not matter to most) but I am a therapist and work with children and adolescents. I have been in the field of human services for close to thirty years and have worked with hundreds of children from ll kinds of families and backgrounds. We even run groups in the clinic that I work in that teaches social skills and one very important one is the ability to show empathy and kindness to others...your son could come and be our guest speaker!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:20 PM

Well, if you see that he chooses a career in the helping professions..dont be suprised! We sure could use some caring people to support those who may need what he has !!

Quoting Anonymous 1: To be completely honest, i don't know that I've instilled this in him. He's always had an understanding for how others feel. And I'd love to take the credit for it, but I don't know that i can. I have two other kids and while they're both great kids, they are much more typical than my middle child.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:23 PM
I guess we'll see. Right now he plans to pitch for Royals. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Well, if you see that he chooses a career in the helping professions..dont be suprised! We sure could use some caring people to support those who may need what he has !!

Quoting Anonymous 1: To be completely honest, i don't know that I've instilled this in him. He's always had an understanding for how others feel. And I'd love to take the credit for it, but I don't know that i can.

I have two other kids and while they're both great kids, they are much more typical than my middle child.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 28, 2016 at 8:04 AM

That's great!

Sparkler16
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 8:05 AM
Good for him! You have raised a thoughtful boy who stands up for himself and others! You should be very proud of him and yourself!
Bibbidibobidibo
by on Oct. 28, 2016 at 8:07 AM
Awww good for him!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)