• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh our waitress tonight...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 227 Replies

DD, DH and I went out to eat tonight for dinner. We brought DD's math homework with us so we could help her with it while we waited for our food.

It's long division. As soon as the waitress saw it was math she went on a small (though she was tyring to joke about it) rant on how much she hates math and how she thinks it is worthless and how hard it was fo rher.  I admit I was a little irritated about her reaction.

Dh was annoyd as well, but my sister thinks that it was funny and that we shouldn't be irritated and annoyed about it.

Would you be annoyed?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:19 PM
55 moms liked this
Nope. I'd just whisper, "that's why you need to study math, so you don't end up a waitress who just lost her tip." ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I admit I had contemplated leaving a "Written tip" instead of a monetary one. DD struggles with math as it is, so this didn't help her confidance.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Nope. I'd just whisper, "that's why you need to study math, so you don't end up a waitress who just lost her tip." ;)

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:29 PM
49 moms liked this

Oh go fuck's sake...The things people get pissed off about...

imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I cant be bothered to be upset about nothing.
12thMom
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:31 PM

Yes, I'd be annoyed, because it's hard enough to get my son to concentrate, and not be negative about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:31 PM
19 moms liked this
I love that some people want so bad to be pissed off they desperately search for the smallest reason.
beeky
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Why whisper?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Nope. I'd just whisper, "that's why you need to study math, so you don't end up a waitress who just lost her tip." ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:33 PM
5 moms liked this
My god pull the tampon out of your ass! It was a joke not a dick don't take it so fucking hard !
tsatske2
by Latricia on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:34 PM
4 moms liked this

I wouldn't be annoyed. Later, after we left the restaurant, I'd tell DD you only need a limited amount of math to be a waitress, but to be a CEO takes a lot of math.

BTW - I can't do math, but those boys of mine sure can! One is going back for his PhD in math next year. 

He did this thing when he taught classes while getting his Masters - he'd get irritated and tell his students "even my mother could understand this!' then he'd call me and explain ti to me to make sure it was true!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:34 PM

The negativity about it is the worst! I love math. Dh loves math, but DD struggles with it for some reason so we try to put a positive spin on it, so I think it was the negative tone about math when we were trying to boost it up to being fun and useful.

Quoting 12thMom:

Yes, I'd be annoyed, because it's hard enough to get my son to concentrate, and not be negative about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)