Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need to stop but cant stop

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Help me I need to stop smoking ASAP but Im having a hard time doing it. I can go hours without one but thats all I think about during the time til I get one.

Ive tried before but became a total bitch so it didnt ladt long but I really need to stop and need to do it NOW.

Im willing to try anything but I cant do suckers or hard candy though.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:07 PM
You can do it if you really want to. My dad quit cold turkey after smoking for 30 years.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Help me I need to stop smoking ASAP but Im having a hard time doing it. I can go hours without one but thats all I think about during the time til I get one.

Ive tried before but became a total bitch so it didnt ladt long but I really need to stop and need to do it NOW.

Im willing to try anything but I cant do suckers or hard candy though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:09 PM
Sniff an ashtray to combat cravings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:11 PM
Can you cut back? Like the first day you get 10. The next, 9...then 8 and so forth? That's how I did it.

I'd also go as long as I possibly could. I'd want to smoke, but I'd tell myself, "ok, just finish doing the dishes."...but the craving would be gone when I was done and I could go longer. The next one would hit and I'd tell myself I could go smoke after a certain task. Keep busy. If you keep telling yourself you can have one at some point, it takes that anxiety away...the anxiety you get when you're arguing with yourself and trying to convince yourself not to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:12 PM
Hold on to ONE cigarette... It will be your security blanket so to speak. Never have a lighter on you never ask for one. Put the cigarette in your mouth when you crave one but put like hot sauce or something on it lol.

Good luck!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:13 PM
I have done that and the butts in a water bottle thing before didnt bother me none bc i have a really strong stomach so things like that dont have the same effect on me as it does others.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Sniff an ashtray to combat cravings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:13 PM
Dh quit with chantix. He had no desire for a cigarette after a few days. Hasn't since July and took till August. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:15 PM
Here lately i have been getting singles bc theres only 2 stores in town that sale them and neither is close by my house so i have cut back some but ik once i have enough money for a pack i will want it then smoke all in a day. I smoke more in the mornings then any other part of the day.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Can you cut back? Like the first day you get 10. The next, 9...then 8 and so forth? That's how I did it.

I'd also go as long as I possibly could. I'd want to smoke, but I'd tell myself, "ok, just finish doing the dishes."...but the craving would be gone when I was done and I could go longer. The next one would hit and I'd tell myself I could go smoke after a certain task. Keep busy. If you keep telling yourself you can have one at some point, it takes that anxiety away...the anxiety you get when you're arguing with yourself and trying to convince yourself not to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:16 PM
I will try that but will have to find something different though bc i love hot sauce lmao

Quoting Anonymous 5: Hold on to ONE cigarette... It will be your security blanket so to speak. Never have a lighter on you never ask for one. Put the cigarette in your mouth when you crave one but put like hot sauce or something on it lol.

Good luck!!!
AvantGardener
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:16 PM

I quit cold turkey 9 years ago. I couldn't even imagine smoking again. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:19 PM
Lol I'm sorry! Try something like Worcestershire sauce!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I will try that but will have to find something different though bc i love hot sauce lmao

Quoting Anonymous 5: Hold on to ONE cigarette... It will be your security blanket so to speak. Never have a lighter on you never ask for one. Put the cigarette in your mouth when you crave one but put like hot sauce or something on it lol.

Good luck!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)