• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATED!! He's going to kill or maim one of his siblings... HELP!! Please?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 80 Replies
My son, he's nine and has autism and ODD, could be more, I don't know, that's all that's been diagnosed. He is violent and rarely shows remorse for his actions. He stabbed his little brother in the finger with a pencil for not playing a game how he wanted him to play. Two days ago he kicked his brother in the throat for the same reason. Tonight I found a cricut accessory set, which I had put up in the top of a closet, under his mattress. It has scissors and all kinds of other sharp utensils in it. I don't know what to do with him anymore. I don't.
I fear that one day he's going to snap and severely harm one of his siblings. I've talked to his psychologist about his violence and he didn't seem very concerned. Which is why we are in the process of changing his therapist. Currently I'm awaiting a packet from a developmental assessment clinic, for him. But in the meantime, he seems to be having a psychotic break or something. I don't know.
I'm overwhelmed, and I have no idea what I'm looking for out of this. Guess just somewhere to vent to anonymously. Any advice or experiences might help, I don't really know..

UPDATE --
I have a you alert me rule while defending yourself if you feel it's necessary. The behavior from my aggressive son stops as soon as he hears me coming. Will that continue as he gets older and stronger, I don't know. But for right now, he fears me. Not because I beat him, but because he knows I can and will tackle him to the ground if necessary.
The behaviors have gotten better since I sat him down and had a heart to heart with him about committing him if he refused to exit situations before they get out of hand. So far, he has been able to control his anger enough to get out of the same room as anybody. I can't guarantee that will last, but for now, it's something. He should be getting into a developmental assessment center soon, so hopefully we can get that done and figured out and start treating whatever it is that's going on.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:39 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:03 PM
Bump
nassivera
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:04 PM
Maybe put him in a hospital for a while.
Sondi7
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:05 PM
Is there an inpatient pediatric facility you can get him in to?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:06 PM
I'm actually considering this. But at the same time I feel as though maybe I've failed as a parent because I feel I might have to..

Quoting nassivera: Maybe put him in a hospital for a while.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:06 PM
There are inpatient facilities.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:07 PM
Not local. And his insurance requires he be referred anywhere by our one counseling center in order for them to cover it.

Quoting Sondi7: Is there an inpatient pediatric facility you can get him in to?
Melissa_4
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:07 PM
4 moms liked this

If you truly fear he is going to hurt or kill one of his siblings, you really don't have a choice but to get him into an in-patient facility.  Sorry momma.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:07 PM
Sorry, but when I read this kind of thing I wonder why it wasn't addressed sooner.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:07 PM

You can take him to a facility that has experience with violent children. They will be able to let you know whether he is dangerous or just lashing out. 

Sometimes there are things that are outside our control as parents. Getting the help we need, whether it's medical, educational, etc, is part of being a good parent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)