• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you're a crockpot wiz I have a question

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:52 PM
  • 54 Replies
I put chicken, Lipton onion soup, cream of chicken soup, and chicken broth in the crockpot and set the timer for 8 hours.

5 hours into it we had to stop the crockpot and leave for an emergency. The chicken looks cooked through from the little bit I saw and I dumped all the liquid and the chicken into a container and put it in the fridge.

Can I throw it in the crockpot for 3 hours tomorrow or longer maybe? Or if I make sure the chicken is cooked through should I just reheat it for dinner tomorrow? I'd rather not throw it out because everyone loves my chicken and I'd rather not try to start all over tomorrow.

It was probably a pound maybe pound and a half of chicken.

And please keep your judgemental comments to yourself about the ingredients. I fucking don't care who approves or doesn't approve of our food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Chicken never needs that long. My guess is it's completely cooked and just needs reheated. I cook boneless skinless chicken breast for four hours in my crockpot and it's always been fine.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:54 PM
Ok, thanks. It looked cooked but it's thigh meat and sometimes because of the color it's a bit harder to tell, especially with liquid all over it.

Quoting Ginger0104: Chicken never needs that long. My guess is it's completely cooked and just needs reheated. I cook boneless skinless chicken breast for four hours in my crockpot and it's always been fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tsatske2
by Latricia on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:55 PM
3 moms liked this

I bet it's done. Cut a piece in half at the thickest point and check it. Probably just reheat it tomorrow.

momtoBrenna
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

You can just reheat it. It should be cooked.

xiolxuo
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:55 PM
Unless the chicken was frozen when you put it in, 5 hours is plenty fine.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:56 PM
That's what I did today but I'll check tomorrow

Quoting tsatske2:

I bet it's done. Cut a piece in half at the thickest point and check it. Probably just reheat it tomorrow.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:56 PM
It was completely thawed

Quoting xiolxuo: Unless the chicken was frozen when you put it in, 5 hours is plenty fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiwiskiwi29
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes just put it back in tomorrow and reheat for a couple of hours. As long as the chicken is cooked you're fine. If not then you need to toss it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Thighs cook fast. It's done. Five hours is long enough. Also that sounds kinda good. Might have to try it. If you're worried about it, toss it in the crock pot for 2-3 hours tomorrow and it will be fine.
xiolxuo
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:57 PM
You're good!

Quoting Roxygurl: It was completely thawed

Quoting xiolxuo: Unless the chicken was frozen when you put it in, 5 hours is plenty fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)