Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am supposed to be a single stay at home mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My husband comes from a wealthy family. Between trust funds, ss, life insurance, and complete support from his family, the original plan was for me to continue being a stay at home mom as I was before he passed.

However, I am feeling bored. I feel like I spend my days just waiting for my older kids to get off school so all 6 of us can do the same thing I've been doing all day.

I do get out and go places with the kids but my schedule is just so free I sometimes feel like we aren't REALLY doing anything. Just passing the time.

I realize how blessed I am to be in my situation and have the support I do but I just feel very unfulfilled. I know an obvious fix would be to get a job but then I worry about my kids. I'm their ONLY parent and they are still so little, I feel like working would be selfish on my part. There's no need to send my kids to day care so I don't feel like I should

Not sure what I should do.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tsatske2
by Latricia on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:38 PM

Join some meetups. look for a mommy and me so you can make some friends with kids. Consider doing volunteer work.

Azita888
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Cherish those moments, they are only little for so long. Can you volunteer at their school? How old is your youngest? My stay at home mom friend is busier than me with all the volunteering and playgroups she does and she only has 2 kids.
Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:40 PM

Start taking classes toward a degree. Just go slowly, so you are home when they are.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:40 PM
Take a class, volunteer, join a book club, join a church... there are loads of things to keep you busy.
Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:42 PM
Volunteering and schooling are your best bets. They can go on a resume, on the off chance it's needed.
star33
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:43 PM
I'd get bored too. I'd try staying home if I could. I'd definitely volunteer & find things to do to get out of the house some.
Kjsmommy0710
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:48 PM
Volunteer go to a Mom and tot class get with a church even try and maybe get a part time job if you want like 2-3 days a week while the kids are in school then get off work to be with them after school go to school online
143myboys9496
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:51 PM

Can you volunteer at their school(s)? I always enjoyed that.

.MiaBella.
by Mia on Oct. 28, 2016 at 5:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Great suggestions!

Quoting Danesmommy1: Take a class, volunteer, join a book club, join a church... there are loads of things to keep you busy.
lizard3731
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 6:53 PM
If all of them are in school, you could get a part time or volunteer job while they're in school. You could even get a job at one of their schools, so you'd still have summers free. If you attend church, you could do something there. If not, lots of organizations could use you as a volunteer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)