Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i hate myself

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

I am so mean to my kids. I want to change, but I dont know how. I yell at them all the time. I tell them I don't want to see them until morning. I am just so spiteful and I don't know why. How can I change when I am just always so angry all the time? I am in therapy hoping to change but my counselor just says that I need to change but gives no indication how to do that. I told her I spend all day in bed and she says well you need to get up and move. No shit! I want to get up and do fun things with them, but when I get up and try to be around them I get so streesed and anxious I just wind up yelling at them. I want to change, I want to be a better mother, but I can't seem to change...

I know I wll get bashed for this, I want to know that I am deplorable and a gross person. There is nothing you ladies can say or due that will make me feel worse so have at it....

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
You need a break. This is what husband/fathers are for. If you don't have this, maybe your parents can help. After a little break, it is suddenly great to see them again. This time is so short.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:58 PM
Maybe you need a new therapist. You know what you want to do. You need someone who can help you reach that goal.
PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:58 PM

You don't need to be bashed, you need encouragement. Maybe some sort of medication. Have you seen someone that could diagnose whether or not you have depression? 

tina_a
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:00 AM
Sounds like you got some depression. have you or are you seeing anyone for mental health?
MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:01 AM

Are you on any meds for your severe depression or is this person just telling you to go home and feel better?

Can you go to another doctor or therapist? Have you asked if there are any support groups for people that are depressed like you are that have actually come thru and are doing a lot better?

How is your family handling all of this, what is their feed back when you tell them you feel horrible and don't want to get out of bed and want to have nothing to do with your kids? That should be a red flag to people in your real life that you seriously need help and like yesterday!!

hateaway
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:04 AM
You need a new therapist. How old are your kids?
PaisleyBirds
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:04 AM

Since you are having a hard time with stopping your meanness,  can you try going out of your way to do something nice?  Before you go into a room they are in, tell yourself you will say something nice, be happy and smile, give them hugs, be playful.  If you do it enough it could become a habit.  Leave yourself reminders everywhere.  Leave the room quickly if you feel youself about to explode at them.  Maybe you can make yourself a consequence jar for each time you are mean.  I would also find a new therapist because they should be guiding you better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:05 AM
I would hate to be you, too. And I would probably hate you if I were your child or spouse.
ElephantShoez
by GoGoWaffleMaker on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:08 AM
2 moms liked this
You should hate yourself for being such a douche nozzle. - thumbs up-

Quoting Anonymous 3: I would hate to be you, too. And I would probably hate you if I were your child or spouse.
MomKat7
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:09 AM

Good advice! I agree.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You need a break. This is what husband/fathers are for. If you don't have this, maybe your parents can help. After a little break, it is suddenly great to see them again. This time is so short.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)