Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My father messed up and got arrested tonight for attacking people (long and Question at the end)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this
My mother cheated on my dad their entire marriage, and was mentally abusive while my dad was both mentally and physically abusive, now that Ieft and kicked them both from my life and had kids (dd one and dd 1 week old) they are trying to make amends again for the six millionth time. I gave them plenty of chances when dd was new born up until she was six months and quit.

My mom kept making up lies and starting fights with my dad over dd and it got out of hand and then my dad started drinking badly again and becoming his old scary self and I couldn't allow that around my dd

Last time I saw my mom we were at the mall she took a picture and posted on fb saying she's so proud of her little girl (not me but dd) and how she's so happy she has another chance at motherhood, after that post I cut her out for good because I didn't feel safe with her always claiming dd was her child and she was the mother when she isn't

My father we were there Fourth of July and he got drunk and kept trying to start fights with DH and the second night my dad got in DH face and started threatening him and being aggressive shoving him, it took my uncle and cuisin pulling my father off DH to get him away (DH never pressed charges and never fought back)

So I ended up cutting them both out for good, well holidays are coming up and I was going to my gmas for thanks giving and Christmas like always and tonight like every holiday before this I get a call from my father DRUNK screaming at kids trick or treating and threatening to chase them down and beat them threatening to steal all their candy,chasing the parents cars hitting windows, well I hung up and went to bed... I just got a call from my fathers girlfriend

I've met this woman ONCE and other then that never again... she called to ask for me to pay half of his bail, she explained that my father got arrested for attacking people's cars and being a danger to children and on top of that he was a danger to himself. This was his eighth time being arrested and his bail is too high, my mother already put 200$ in to help but she still needs 700$ more.

I told her that I couldn't help DH and I are on a tight budget ATM and plus he's made a mistake and maybe once he sobers up he'll realize his mistake and try getting help AGAIN and maybe this time stick to the plan.

My father and I will see one another at my gmas house as well as my mother and her DH and step kids and my brother, holidays we all try and be decent and get long but I dont know if it'll happen now because from what i know the girlfriend called my gma begging for her help and she hung up, she uninvited my mother tonight and told the girlfriend she wasnt welcome and told the girlfriend to have my father call when he's sober...

I'm kinda wondering if she's uninviting them both to keep drama down, she said she wanted my brother and I to still come so we will both be driving down too see her but i dont know it just shocked me she's never gotten so mad ever! But tonight? Was pissed and just not happy and ended up uninviting people because of it...

She's happy i didn't put paymeant in to help my father but my mother and his girlfriend are pissed and saying I'm a bad dd and they wish they never had me... yay me...

Would you have paid or helped pay the bail?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Thewife06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:29 AM
What a mess. *hugs* you did the right thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:31 AM
I wouldn't even have had a conversation with any of those people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:32 AM
Just my everyday life lol

My parents are a fucking mess so how I came out semi normal is amazing!

Quoting Thewife06: What a mess. *hugs* you did the right thing.
Thewife06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:35 AM
You grew up sane and knew it wasn't normal. So you strive to be the opposite. :) im the same way on most things. My mom is awful with money so I strive to budget down to the very last cent. I never felt loved so I stay home while my kids are young and I'm always there for them. It's pretty common to be completely different from your parents if they suck, lol.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Just my everyday life lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:35 AM
Sadly at this point I am waiting on a call about his liver failing and him needing a new one or something... he drinks so much like four packs of 20

Quoting Anonymous 2: I wouldn't even have had a conversation with any of those people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:37 AM
True i guess

Quoting Thewife06: You grew up sane and knew it wasn't normal. So you strive to be the opposite. :) im the same way on most things. My mom is awful with money so I strive to budget down to the very last cent. I never felt loved so I stay home while my kids are young and I'm always there for them. It's pretty common to be completely different from your parents if they suck, lol.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Just my everyday life lol

tsatske2
by Latricia on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:40 AM

No. If he gets sober I would do public meetings if he wanted to see the gks, till he was sober a year or two. Until he can put that much sobriety together, you are right to keep your distance. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:41 AM
Nope. You did the right thing. If it was some once in a lifetime thing, he never did it before, then I'd cut him a break... maybe, it's hard when he was threatening kids, ya know... but fact is, he's an alcoholic and needs help. That won't happen until he doesn't have people trying to save him.

And maybe now that grandma is fed up with him, it'll open his damn eyes!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:42 AM
He had four years but once all the lies and cheating came out he fucking lost it knocked up his first girlfriend and moved her in started drinking heavily

Quoting tsatske2:

No. If he gets sober I would do public meetings if he wanted to see the gks, till he was sober a year or two. Until he can put that much sobriety together, you are right to keep your distance. 

Dannygirl25
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:43 AM
I wouldn't have even taken another chance with them. As for his gf I would have told her to go fuck herself and do not ever call me with that bullshit
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)