Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Panic attack

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
What do you do if you have a panic attack? I was up until 3.watched some asmr and feel asleep. Woke up an hour later panicking. Do you force yourself to go to sleep or stay up and clean?
My husband just woke up to pee, saw me cafemoming and asked What are you doing?!
That itself set off my panic even more. He never knows when and how to say something.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:16 AM

I get up and play Paradise Bay.

Trouser.Mouse
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:17 AM
I've never had one. I'm just not wired that way, I guess.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:17 AM
I normally play sims 4

Quoting corticosteroid:

I get up and play Paradise Bay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:18 AM
I started having them after having my first child

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: I've never had one. I'm just not wired that way, I guess.
.MiaBella.
by Mia on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:25 AM

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: I've never had one. I'm just not wired that way, I guess.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:38 AM
Why even comment if you're not here to help? I don't understand the logic. I specifically asked for advice.
Since you're here let me tell you what I'm feeling. I have real bad shortness of breath, my heart rate is off the roof, I'm freezing, I have diarrhea all the while I feel fright for no reason.
Now be more sympathetic next time instead of bragging of how lucky you are to "not be wired that way"

Quoting .MiaBella.:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 8:01 AM
It depends on what's going on. Sleeping, usually doesn't take it away for me. I just fixate on how I'm feeling instead.

I shower, switching between my comfort level and ice cold. Out of the shower, I put my hands on my chest and stomach and slowly breathe. Counting my lungs filling up, the pause, exhale, and pause again. I imagine when I inhale, it's getting all my negative energy and as I exhale, it's getting out of my body. I visualize it happening.
Trouser.Mouse
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 8:02 AM
I don't think anyone is bragging. I feel bad for people that do have them. Most of my family has major anxiety issues. I wish I had more advice. You asked what we do. Our answer was that we don't have that experience. So, I'm not going to offer advice I can't give, but I'll respond to give your post a bump so that others may see it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why even comment if you're not here to help? I don't understand the logic. I specifically asked for advice.
Since you're here let me tell you what I'm feeling. I have real bad shortness of breath, my heart rate is off the roof, I'm freezing, I have diarrhea all the while I feel fright for no reason.
Now be more sympathetic next time instead of bragging of how lucky you are to "not be wired that way"

Quoting .MiaBella.:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 8:06 AM
Thanks

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: I don't think anyone is bragging. I feel bad for people that do have them. Most of my family has major anxiety issues. I wish I had more advice. You asked what we do. Our answer was that we don't have that experience. So, I'm not going to offer advice I can't give, but I'll respond to give your post a bump so that others may see it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why even comment if you're not here to help? I don't understand the logic. I specifically asked for advice.

Quoting .MiaBella.:

Geeez17
by Emerald Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 8:06 AM
I used to get panic attacks and I would just ride them out and deep breath...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)