Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My SO came trick or treating with DD and I.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

My SO and I have been dating for around 9 months now and we've decided we definitely want a future with each other.  DD is 3 and her father has always been in and out of her life.  A few months ago after he got clean I sat him down and told him he can see her supervised, mind you he only would see her 1 day a week for a few hours, but he needed to be consistent and this was his last chance.  I gave him a whole speech about how she needs stability at this age and how she realizes things.  Well he was doing good for maybe two months, even paid me child support, then over the past few weeks went back to his old ways of not bothering to check on her or ask to see her anymore. 

You'd think that at least on Halloween he'd ask what she's dressing up as, what she did at school, or when/where I'd be trick or treating but nope.  SO and DD and I have gone camping together and she knows him well, he's very good to her and honestly having another person there to give me feedback about parenting has been a big help.  I decided to invite him to go trick or treating and he cancelled plans he had with his dad to come with us.  It was really nice and after DD had gone to bed he said he knows he'll never be her father but that he'll always be her best friend and do the things fathers usually do with their kids.  It really touched my heart to hear that and I'm glad I finally found a good person.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2016 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)