Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Plasma donation

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I am thinking about donating plasma in order to help bring some additional money into our household, but honestly I am nervous about the whole process.  Has any one done it and can give me some insight on what it is like or tips on how to make it go smoothly?

I lost my job recently when the office closed down and I live in a state where you have to make a specific amount a year in order to qualify for Unemployment, I only worked about 10 hours a week so I do not qualify.  I am having a hard time finding another job that can work with the hours I need, so I need something temporary to help with the bills until I can find a new job.  Thank you!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:19 AM

The problem with plasma donation is that it leaves you starving and exhausted, which works against you in the long run.

Any way you could create work for yourself that fits with your schedule?  Housecleaning?  Babysitting?  Pet sitting?  Got a car you could get wrapped with an advertisement?  Drive for Uber?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:21 AM

I thought about it but watched the process online and almost passed out. :/ I just don't have the stomach for it. Good luck though! A lot of people do it with no problems. 

dawncs
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:24 AM

Have you thought of working from home from a real company and not MLM? These companies hire people from home: Apple, UHaul, and Amazon.

Dawn
Asperger Syndrome Published Author and Blogger
Asperger Syndrome diagnosed May 1997 as an adult
My Author Blog 
My Author Website

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I looked into doing it, there is a plasma center right down the street but after reading reviews I decided against it

From what I've read it takes HOURS...its not simple and quick like blood donation.
I watched a video and its intense...check youtube before you decide to go do it

And I know that the one here you have to donate a small amount (like one vial) they send it out for testing and you can't actually donate and get money until the results come back saying you're good which can be a few weeks. So unless you're already set up its not quick cash like they claim

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:40 AM
CSL plasma is the one I go to. First 5 times you go, they pay you $50. You can go twice a week. They always have bonuses. The first time you go be prepared to be there at least 3 hours. After that depending on how long the lines are 1 to 2 hours. Make sure you eat before you go. Drink plenty of water.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:43 AM

I work at one and whatever we take from donors we give back in iv fluids. Also we recommend they eat high protein low carb and drink lots of water. You can donate every 3 days and it is a long process. We try do get you out in 2 hours but sometimes it can take longer. If you follow the guidelines you wont feel drained or depleted. Good luck OP.

Also, check out the websites for the places in your area. Our center has a FAQ's section and tips on how to have a smooth donation process.

Quoting corticosteroid:

The problem with plasma donation is that it leaves you starving and exhausted, which works against you in the long run.

Any way you could create work for yourself that fits with your schedule?  Housecleaning?  Babysitting?  Pet sitting?  Got a car you could get wrapped with an advertisement?  Drive for Uber?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:58 AM

Quoting Anonymous 4: CSL plasma is the one I go to. First 5 times you go, they pay you $50. You can go twice a week. They always have bonuses. The first time you go be prepared to be there at least 3 hours. After that depending on how long the lines are 1 to 2 hours. Make sure you eat before you go. Drink plenty of water.

That is the place I would be going, what do they pay after the first 5 times?

mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:59 AM
I couldn't do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:01 AM

I have looked into some of those but I need something temporary until the 1st of the year.  I don't think I can do the Uber my brakes are not the greatest on my car right now.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:05 AM

Thank you, I will eat protein before I go.  :)

Quoting Anonymous 5:

I work at one and whatever we take from donors we give back in iv fluids. Also we recommend they eat high protein low carb and drink lots of water. You can donate every 3 days and it is a long process. We try do get you out in 2 hours but sometimes it can take longer. If you follow the guidelines you wont feel drained or depleted. Good luck OP.

Also, check out the websites for the places in your area. Our center has a FAQ's section and tips on how to have a smooth donation process.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)