Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support should come on a card...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 265 Replies

that only buys baby stuff...not crab legs, fake hair, weed and miami trips

this is what is going around my facebook feed this morning....so what say cafemom?

is there really rampant "abuse" of the child support system by custodial parents? (let me know how..share some stories)

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jeda1429
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:24 AM

how do you know that they spent child support on these things?

othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:24 AM
14 moms liked this

Child support should go to bills, things the child needs and other items. The rare times I recieve child support I spend it on what ever we want to need at the time because we make sure my son has everything he needs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:24 AM
I have no clue about child support.
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:25 AM
3 moms liked this
I think it's no ones business as long as the chooks has what they need
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:27 AM
58 moms liked this
What happens when dad doesn't pay for 6 months, during which time mom provides everything on her own, maybe giving up a few luxuries for herself, then dad pays and, as the kids have already been supported, mom decides to treat herself?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:28 AM

How do you know if the child support was used for that? Usually court ordered child support is on a card. A prepaid credit card. If a person wishes, they can have it direct deposited instead. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:29 AM
2 moms liked this

this was my point to my mom (yes...she is the one posting it and arguing about it because my slimeball brother is not paying child support and she is defending his sorry ass)

mortgage (rent) electricity food...all that is important and what the child needs. 

Quoting othermom:

Child support should go to bills, things the child needs and other items. The rare times I recieve child support I spend it on what ever we want to need at the time because we make sure my son has everything he needs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:31 AM
4 moms liked this
It does come on a card and I disagree that it should only be to buy baby stuff. I mean children don't remain babies and it is also to go towards bills or whatever the cp want to use it for
Jojobug13
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:33 AM
2 moms liked this
I spend my kids C's on whatever we happen to need at the time. It usually pays a bill or provides gas money. But then he is supposed to pay $847 a month and he usually only pays about $400 and cries because he claims he can't even really afford that.
jlm2676
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:34 AM
4 moms liked this
That would suck for me. I didn't start receiving child support until ds was 5 and dd was 10. I wouldn't be able use it if all I could but are baby items.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)