Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you feel about your child's teacher if…

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 184 Replies
My daughter will be graduating with a degree in elementary education. I'm trying to think of something to get her for Christmas and I was thinking a nice namebrand bag to carry some of her teaching supplies in would be a good gift. However, where she will be doing her student teaching and possibly where she will get her a job is in a neighborhood that is much lower Sotillo economically then where she came from. I'm wondering if the name brand bag would look bad or somehow be offensive.....Does that make sense?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:17 AM

I doubt if anyone would notice or care but name brands are a waste of money honestly. You can get a much nicer bag that will last longer and looks better at Walmart or on ebay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I'd be more worried about my kid working in a dangerous,  shitty school than what bag she carries.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:18 AM
19 moms liked this
Did I say dangerous? Did I say shitty? Do you automatically equate less money with being dangerous and shitty?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I'd be more worried about my kid working in a dangerous,  shitty school than what bag she carries.  

SueWanda
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I teach.  It doesn't have to be a name brand, but a good sturdy bag is helpful!  I also love my wheeled cart.

caustinb
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:20 AM
4 moms liked this
A nice, leather bag would be a great gift. It doesn't have to scream "designer" to be high quality. Bags are expensive, she'll appreciate something that will last!
smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:22 AM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't worry about "name brand" and go for something sturdy, attractive and timeless.
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:22 AM
No. it's fine. I've taught in that environment my whole career and never felt jealousy over brand name stuff. It's respected. It's nice & cool. It's what the kids aspire to be. She should have nice stuff. Don't wear off brand shoes or kids as young as 5 will make fun of you. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I doubt I'd notice the bag a teacher carried.
bethanymommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't care about my kids teachers purse. I would only care about how she treated my child.
blissful.bea
by MrsAwesomePants on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:23 AM

I don't think so. I think quality is important, she can use it for years. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)