Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The pain! Cm doctors come here!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
OK so I'm 26 weeks pregnant. And my groin is killing me! It hurts to walk, stand from sitting, sit too long, stand too long, and lay down! What could this be?? My next doctor appointment is in 2 weeks and I'll ask there but in the mean time... What is causing this unbelievable pain!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MythrylHavoc
by Data on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:51 AM
I had the same issues. Mine was just at the end. It was the way the baby was positioned.

Does it get sharp and shooting when you walk?
ElephantShoez
by GoGoWaffleMaker on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:52 AM
It sounds like ligament pain. I'm 29 weeks and get it all the time if I walk too long or strain too hard. Sit with your feet up and relax mama.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:58 AM
Oh its sharp and stabby and shooting all the time! But yes especially when I walk :( . and its like right where my leg connects to my body on the inside? (Pretty sure that's groin?) It's been like this for about a week and just getting worse :(

Quoting MythrylHavoc: I had the same issues. Mine was just at the end. It was the way the baby was positioned.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:58 AM
Pressure. It's a fun side effect of pregnancy.

Congratulations!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:00 PM
Sadly even rest and elevation doesn't help that much :(

Quoting ElephantShoez: It sounds like ligament pain. I'm 29 weeks and get it all the time if I walk too long or strain too hard. Sit with your feet up and relax mama.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:02 PM
To the point of it wanting to give out on me? :( I've never had this pain with any of my other pregnancies :(

Quoting redneckmama4: Pressure. It's a fun side effect of pregnancy.

Congratulations!
ElephantShoez
by GoGoWaffleMaker on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:03 PM
Sorry love, it's only thing to get more uncomfortable. Try laying in your left side with a nice fluffy pillow between your knees/thighs.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Sadly even rest and elevation doesn't help that much :(

Quoting ElephantShoez: It sounds like ligament pain. I'm 29 weeks and get it all the time if I walk too long or strain too hard. Sit with your feet up and relax mama.
MythrylHavoc
by Data on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:03 PM
Sounds like sciatica. Very common issue in pregnancy.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh its sharp and stabby and shooting all the time! But yes especially when I walk :( . and its like right where my leg connects to my body on the inside? (Pretty sure that's groin?) It's been like this for about a week and just getting worse :(

Quoting MythrylHavoc: I had the same issues. Mine was just at the end. It was the way the baby was positioned.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:05 PM
Oh no this isn't sciatica, I have that regardless of being pregnant and that's more towards my butt not the inside of my leg/groin area.this is a totally different pain then I've ever had :(

Quoting MythrylHavoc: Sounds like sciatica. Very common issue in pregnancy.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh its sharp and stabby and shooting all the time! But yes especially when I walk :( . and its like right where my leg connects to my body on the inside? (Pretty sure that's groin?) It's been like this for about a week and just getting worse :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:05 PM

Talk to your doctor's office now. Unbelievable pain is NOT normal. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)