Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to talk to you about your Thanksgiving menu

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:50 AM
  • 48 Replies

I'm doing Thanksgiving for the first year. It's the week before Thanksgiving. My DF had suggested we do Cornish Hens. At first I hated getting rid of the turkey, but the more I think about it. I love the idea. My parents are visiting from Chicago on the weekend of Nov. 19th. They'll go home and have their normal Thanksgiving with my Grandparents. We'll have another Thanksgiving with Df's Grandparents. It might be nice, instead of two almost excatly the same meals. 

What do you think of the idea?

And I want to know what your staple sides(to eat or cook) are for your dinner. 

by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:57 AM
I'm cooking for dh and I we typically go out but I'm feeling like cooking I am just doing a breast stuffing sweet potatoes and broccoli cauliflower casseroles
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:58 AM
I like the idea, but I hate turkey. I always do stuffing, usually green beans sauteed with garlic and pepper flakes and mashed potatoes with gravy and dinner rolls. That's what I did this year for our dinner (we live in Canada, so we've had ours already).
Jukebox_Jenny
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:58 AM
We eat Chinese food so ditching turkey wouldn't bother me at all
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:58 AM

If there's no ham or my aunt's homemade egg noodles I cry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:00 PM
Keep it simple. A meat, mashed potatoes, vegetable, some type of a casserole like a creamed spinach or some s***, rolls and dessert. You could at a salad if you want to be a real fancy b****
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:01 PM
I am so stealing this idea.

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny: We eat Chinese food so ditching turkey wouldn't bother me at all
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:01 PM
Turkey, green beans, corn, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, sweet potatoes, cherry and pumpkin pies

And whatever else sounds good lol.
DiANAiVELiSSE
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

GREAT IDEA! I will be making my 1st thanksgiving weekend next year , I might steal it

SommelierMom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:02 PM
Staple sides:

Roasted cippolini onions with Mornay
Maple balsamic b. sprouts
Creamed spinach/kale with Gruyere

Then the traditional mashed potatoes, stuffing, etc. No green bean grossness, though.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:02 PM

We normally have: turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, dressing,  sweet potatoes, collard greens, mac n cheese, green beans, deviled eggs, fried okra, and whatever else my mom and MIL come up with.. the CGH would not bug me since there are other opporunities for turkey as I love it.  

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)