Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That is what you lied about and thought you would get away with???

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:48 PM
  • 65 Replies
I love my teen...i do.
But man ...i figured she was smart enough to lie better...however its good for me she isnt lol.
EVERYDAY she messaged me on FB (shes 14) by 10 am saying that SOMETHING is wrong with her and she needs to come home...
(no shes not having issues..she has bipolar ..its a regular habit with her to do this).
Well like usual i either point out logical facts and tell her to stay in school or i ignore her..depends on how busy i am at a clients home.
In any case this morning i did both ..logical talk and ignored after because i got to my clients house.

11 o clock comes and the VP is calling me saying that DD needs to come home to get the morning med that she missed...i told the VP that she can wait until lunch time at 11:30.

I got home before lunch time , made her quick lunch ..got her meds ready..and got money out for the bus so she wouldnt be late for class.
She never showed!
She just messaged me at 12:30 saying she did come home but the door was locked....nice try kid.
I let her know that when i came home i came in the back door so that was unlocked and i have been sitting on the couch that is RIGHT BY the front door.
Plus DF was on the balcony working on something so he would have saw her.
Not to mention anytime one of us comes into the building our dog goes right to the door...i swear the dog has a good sense of smell lol.

After i threw logic at her she asked if she could come home now ..i said nope ..suck it up.

Smh..

EDIT: Everyone seems to be concerned about how i kept her from her medication. I didnt keep her from her meds. I kept her from coming home in the middle of class to get the meds when she had a chance to come home at lunch and she chose not to take that chance.
What my DD does is she finds every excuse as to why she can not go to school and if i had let her come home in the middle of class ....she WOULD make it a daily habit not to take her meds in the morning and to wait until the afternoon ...when class starts to try to come home ...to take the meds
So yes. I sacraficed ONE day and didnt let her come home (after she HAD the oppurtunity to come home at lunch to take them and she chose not too).
This morning she made SURE to take her morning medication before going to school.
So even though you might not agree with how i handled it ...i have no regrets on how i handled it because it got the message across.
Consequences seems to be the only thing that works with her.
So yes ..you can tell me i failed as a parent all you want because i dont think i did.
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lanie1313
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:52 PM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:55 PM
They think they are smarter than the parents.
Lanie1313
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
We all did at that age lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: They think they are smarter than the parents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:35 PM
I would be pissed at the lying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
She is dramatic with you every morning due to being bipolar and you are now denying her meds because she lied?
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:38 PM
You need to get a better handle on your kid's meds.
Lanie1313
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 4:17 PM
I dont need to get a handle on my kids meds.
I left for work before she even left for school.
Her morning meds are her responsibility and she knows it.

Quoting mama_danetta: You need to get a better handle on your kid's meds.
Lanie1313
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 4:20 PM
I denied her getting out of school.
She had every chance to come home at lunch and i never saw her.
If she really felt that she NEEDED them than she would have come home.
So yea ...i took it as an excuse to come home during class and then she would have begged me to stay home the rest of the day and then gotten pissed and bring terror to the house because again she didnt get her way.
Its called consequences....she knows she needs her meds and she knows she needs to be in school...
So perhaps from now on she wont forget her morning meds and actually take them.
Nothing wrong with tough love

Quoting Anonymous 3: She is dramatic with you every morning due to being bipolar and you are now denying her meds because she lied?
emandab
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 4:22 PM
My ss was a terrible liar too lol. Which worked well for us. You would think after getting caught every single time you would just give up and be good lol.
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Nov. 1, 2016 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
She obviously isn't mature enough to handle it.

Quoting Lanie1313: I dont need to get a handle on my kids meds.
I left for work before she even left for school.
Her morning meds are her responsibility and she knows it.

Quoting mama_danetta: You need to get a better handle on your kid's meds.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)