Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What good would that do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
My Sds mom is pissed because I kept her home from school today. While we weren't out late, the kids couldn't fall asleep, some assholes kid was jumping out of bushes scaring people and he terrified SD and my ds. They could not fall asleep, and no they had no candy last night.

What good would sending an exhausted 6 year old to school do? Honestly what good is it? She wouldn't learn anything because she would be too tired to pay attention.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:03 PM
I'd have still sent them to school *shrugs*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:04 PM
What's the point when they're tired?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'd have still sent them to school *shrugs*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:06 PM
I'd have sent her. Lesson is even if you're tried you have responsibilities. Plus she would definitely be tired enough to sleep tonight.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't want them to think being tired is a reason to stay home. That could form some bad habits.

Quoting Anonymous 1: What's the point when they're tired?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:08 PM
That lesson shouldn't really be shoved on first graders....junior high kids maybe

Quoting Anonymous 3: I'd have sent her. Lesson is even if you're tried you have responsibilities. Plus she would definitely be tired enough to sleep tonight.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:09 PM
I would think that because her bio Mom wanted her to go and since the child isn't sick, the child would be fine to go no matter her age is reason enough to have sent her.

But what the hell do I know other than this is a vent post and you'll be arguing opposing points....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:09 PM
Because once causes that? Nope

Quoting Anonymous 2: I wouldn't want them to think being tired is a reason to stay home. That could form some bad habits.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:10 PM
It could. Maybe one day they decide they dont want to go to school just because and being tired is an acceptable reason to do so.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Because once causes that? Nope

Quoting Anonymous 2: I wouldn't want them to think being tired is a reason to stay home. That could form some bad habits.

Rosehawk
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Sorry, so-and-so child isn't coming to school today, they're "too tired".

That would be an unexcused absence in my district. Going to school tired isn't going to kill her. I'd have sent my kids too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Most people won't agree to keeping a kid out of school because they're tired. Argue all you want, your hill to die on, but I agree with bm.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That lesson shouldn't really be shoved on first graders....junior high kids maybe

Quoting Anonymous 3: I'd have sent her. Lesson is even if you're tried you have responsibilities. Plus she would definitely be tired enough to sleep tonight.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)