Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how does LinkedIn work?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I got a request from my cousin (I cannot stand her) and we havent spoken in years.

Does the site randomly generate mutual contacts and attempt to invite you to their page or is this wench fucking with me.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:27 PM
bump
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:28 PM
It's a site for professionals to use for networking. If she requested you then it was from her and not randomly generated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:31 PM

IDK. This lady that used to work at my job always sends requests to my work email. I never dealt with her directly, and I never used LinkedIn either. *shrugs*

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:32 PM
No idea. Bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:33 PM
da fuk? I closed my account. I dont use it.

I dont want her bothering me.

Quoting owl0210: It's a site for professionals to use for networking. If she requested you then it was from her and not randomly generated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:35 PM
Short answer. She is fucking with you.

The site will recommend connections but the account owner has to press the "connect" button.

LinkedIn is a professional "Facebook". It's a must have for white collar professionals who are job seeking, but useless if you aren't white collar.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:40 PM

I get requests all the time. If you have a linked in account the other person will just import contacts and any contacts that match will send out an automatic request. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:41 PM
that makes no sense

Quoting Anonymous 4:

I get requests all the time. If you have a linked in account the other person will just import contacts and any contacts that match will send out an automatic request. 

JayTee80
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:42 PM

If you received a request, she requested you. 

PJMM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:44 PM
I think you can import emails of your contacts and it will generate a response back to your contacts. So if you were a contact in her email it will suggest you if she imported her contacts. It's a professional networking site. Just ignore the request.

Quoting Anonymous 1: that makes no sense

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)