Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this not drive you crazy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
My sister was in an accident this weekend. No one was hurt but her car was not drivable. I don't think it was enough to total it but we don't know. She was so shaken that she called her daughter and her daughter handled everything with the cops and insurance.

So they towed the car and she doesn't know where the car is, what body shop is going to do the work, if it's even worth doing any work or when it will be ready if they fix it. Her insurance doesn't have a local office and online it just says the claim is pending. She hasn't talked to anyone or found out anything. She says she doesn't really want to make any calls but supposes she will have to "eventually ".

This would flat out drive me insane. I would have called everyone and found out as much as I could Monday morning.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2016 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 2:38 PM

Why didn't her daughter provide her with that info?  In my experience, when you call the insurance they tell you where to have the vehicle towed and the police on the scene will give you a card with their name, contact number, and incident number.  No need to call around to get info.

young_lv_mom
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 2:38 PM
I agree with you, however my dh is like your sister in the "I'll get to it later" and I drive him up a wall by finding out everything I can as soon as I can.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 2:40 PM
She wasn't even sure if her daughter had that info nor has she talked to her. She sort of remembers a street name. Just thinking about it makes me crazy.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Why didn't her daughter provide her with that info?  In my experience, when you call the insurance they tell you where to have the vehicle towed and the police on the scene will give you a card with their name, contact number, and incident number.  No need to call around to get info.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 2:51 PM

I have severe anxiety. So making phone calls is almost impossible for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)