Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I make it up to her? I'm completely heartbroken.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 163 Replies
DD 5 had her very first ever award assembly at school today! She recieved Honor Roll, Principal's Honor Roll, & a Citizenship award. A letter got sent home about 2 weeks ago reminding parents about the assembly & I've been soo excited to attend! Well DD just got off the bus & came in hollering about how she got 'rewards' & I was SO confused until she went in her backpack & pulled out her awards. I broke into tears! I cannot believe for the life of me that I missed this assembly, I wish I could just go back. DD says she was sad/mad when she didn't see me there & even cried, she also says she was embarrassed to be up on stage. I feel almost like I ruined this day for her & I'm broken that I missed one of the most important days of her childhood. Is there anything I can do to make this up to her? πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:28 PM
7 moms liked this
Take her for some ice cream. It will be ok
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:28 PM
Did you forget or did something happen?
KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:29 PM
12 moms liked this

Calm down.  Everyone will be fine.   Why not take her out to eat or fix her a special dinner?  Maybe you could do a little awards ceremony at home and she can give a speech, just as if she was at the Oscars :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe you can take her to dinner at her favorite place and let her pick something special to do together, get your nails painted, buy a new outfit, build a bear, something fun for just the two of you that she gets to pick.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:31 PM
16 moms liked this
Lol, you're a wee bit dramatic. Calm down.
bethanymommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:31 PM
There will be plenty more award ceremonies. Take her for a little treat to make it up and don't beat yourself up.
twinlawdiva
by Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:31 PM
7 moms liked this

Not discounting your sadness now but from my experience most parents don't get to go to these kinds of things becasue they're at work and because they are never ending- there are SO many "events" you just can't make them all. I used to have a flexible job and could attend some (but not all). Here's the thing- she won't remember that you weren't there in 2 days. She'll have probably 15 more events like this just this year, if not more, and multiply that by all the years she's in school. Give her her favorite dessert as a treat and don't be so hard on yourself mama. You'll never make it to everything, believe me.

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:32 PM
Eh, it's not that big of a deal. Take her out for a treat and make sure you go to the next big thing. There will be more I'm sure.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:32 PM
10 moms liked this

jesus,you didnt miss her wedding.are you always this dramatic?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Take her for ice cream or something and she'll forgive you. Just make sure to make a note of the next one!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)