Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids with curly hair

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My one year old dd has beautiful curls and I'm not sure how to care for them to keep them healthy. Any suggestions on care or products that are helpful?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Gardeningmom4
by Emerald Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:43 PM

Not really. I know Pantene has a shampoo and conditioner for curly hair.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:55 PM

I use Shea Moisture manuka & mafura oil shampoo and conditioner on myself and my daughter. I only shampoo once a week max. I condition more than I shampoo. Sometimes i use the JBCO hair masque... and sometimes I will add olive oil to the conditioner for a deeper conditioning.

And leave in conditioner is important, IMO. I use the JBCO leave in conditioner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

You really just have to try stuff by trial and error. I used coconut oil on both my daughter's and my hair. I use the same brand of shampoo/conditioner my beautician uses on both of us. 

Careeka22
by Caitlin on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I just use regular shampoo and conditioner but I'm sure there are better products. She does hate getting her hair brushed because they tangle up easily so detangler is a good investment.

caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with the shea moisture products. I love them. I also use coconut oil after i shower in my hair. You will probably have to experiment with several different products depending on her hair texture and curl pattern.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I use Shea Moisture manuka & mafura oil on myself and my daughter. I only shampoo once a week max. I condition more than I shampoo. Sometimes i use the JBCO hair masque... and sometimes I will add olive oil to the conditioner for a deeper conditioning.

And leave in conditioner is important, IMO. I use the JBCO leave in conditioner.

ColieO
by Emerald Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 4:00 PM
Keep them moisturized. Detangler is a lifesaver.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 4:02 PM
No sulfate shampoo or conditioner, we use a brand with coconut
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 4:05 PM
Thanks for the tips

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I use Shea Moisture manuka & mafura oil on myself and my daughter. I only shampoo once a week max. I condition more than I shampoo. Sometimes i use the JBCO hair masque... and sometimes I will add olive oil to the conditioner for a deeper conditioning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)