Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what a HORRIBLE thing to say to a child!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

My daughter's bff's dog died on Sunday.  The dog was ill, very ill, so they took him to the emergency vet.  They said that he was dying, and they knew he was in pain so they offered the option of putting him down to end his suffering.  I don't know how old he was, but well over 10 years.  Dd's bff is obviously very sad.  One of the neighbors heard about the dog and told the little girl she was sorry her dog died, then when the girl explained that it was sad but they needed to put him down she said no you didn't you could have let him live.  How heartless.... even if that is what the neighbor truly belived why say that to a broken hearted little girl who just lost her dog????

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2016 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Osstie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 4:47 PM
Some people just don't have any tact
morgiefae
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 4:48 PM

FFS people are dickwads, the poor thing :(

MeaganP
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 4:48 PM
Some people are just jerks
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 4:49 PM
I agree
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 1, 2016 at 4:50 PM
Some people are tactless.
KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 4:51 PM

People are stupid.  As responsible, loving pet owners, it is up to us to make the best decisions for our pets.   2 weeks ago we had to make the decision to let go of our beloved Aussie.  She was truly the best dog in the world - never had to be on a leash, was motivated by love not food, was so smart, loved being with us. She was truly the dog of a life time.   Letting her go was one of the hardest things me and DH have faced and we have faced alot together.   

So to answer your question, I don't know why people have to be jackasses.
 Some think it is cruel to put a dog to sleep, but it is so better than to allow them suffer because we are too selfish to let them go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)