Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you side eye this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
My brother is divorced and remarried. He has two kids with his first wife and two with his current wife.

My SIL is an all around good woman. I think she stabilizes my brother.

My issue is that she sends out holiday cards with only her kids on them. I know that she only gets one photo for her family and friends and us but still......

My other brothers wife asked her about it and they no longer speak. Do I shut up since my brother doesnt seem to care?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:09 PM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:12 PM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:13 PM
Yep, it's shitty but if he doesn't care neither should you.
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:13 PM
Nah. That's one of those things, either way there will be someone who thinks it's wrong. Some will be of the opinion she should include the step children, or if she did there would be some people who think she's over stepping and should let only the bio mom do that.

And yes you should probably just stay out of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:15 PM
Neither she nor my brother are in the photos. It is just the kids.

Quoting CheerioHolder: Nah. That's one of those things, either way there will be someone who thinks it's wrong. Some will be of the opinion she should include the step children, or if she did there would be some people who think she's over stepping and should let only the bio mom do that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:15 PM
I guess.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yep, it's shitty but if he doesn't care neither should you.
Ashess2Ashess
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:17 PM
I don't see an issue. That's their family.
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:18 PM
Is it uncommon for people to have photos taken of just their children? I do it all the time. Sometimes I even take just one of my kids for photos.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Neither she nor my brother are in the photos. It is just the kids.

Quoting CheerioHolder: Nah. That's one of those things, either way there will be someone who thinks it's wrong. Some will be of the opinion she should include the step children, or if she did there would be some people who think she's over stepping and should let only the bio mom do that.

Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
It's wrong to me. Her stepkids are still family and should be included. It doesn't matter who she's giving the pics to.
K3412
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:20 PM
I would stay out of it. If your brother doesn't care, it's not your place to cause a fuss. It's their choice. Leave it alone.

DH has a step mom and siblings, and we've never taken a group picture together, let alone been in a Christmas card together. I would actively avoid being a part of their card. Nothing works for all families.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)