Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh πŸ˜”

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:20 PM
  • 6 Replies
What the hell are you supposed to say to someone that is going to die? My uncle has maybe a week left, he stopped his dialysis and is on hospice care. I won't be able to make it to California unfortunately, at least not until his funeral. But damn, my mom said it would be best to text him since he is in a lot of pain and doesn't want to really talk on the phoneπŸ˜“ She also suggested I record my DD and myself, where I ask her "who is beautiful?" And she replies "me!" Every time I would see him, which was almost daily when I was little he would as me that also. I don't know...my heart is aching for him and my mom as they are really close.
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:21 PM
You act normal. You tell them how much they mean to you and you make them feel comfortable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:23 PM
I would send a video to him. Let your emotions out. Say your favorite memories, fond times and tell him you love him. Send some cards and stuff you and your dd can make together.
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:25 PM
My son wrote him a letter, maybe I'll have DD do one. I'm going to overnight them so he gets them.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would send a video to him. Let your emotions out. Say your favorite memories, fond times and tell him you love him. Send some cards and stuff you and your dd can make together.
AvantGardener
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Make videos for him to watch. Ask him how he is. Tell him stories about your past and memories you have with him. Tell him how loved he is. Put yourself in his shoes and think about what you would want people to say to you.

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:27 PM
Thank you.

Quoting AvantGardener:

Make videos for him to watch. Ask him how he is. Tell him stories about your past and memories you have with him. Tell him how loved he is. Put yourself in his shoes and think about what you would want people to say to you.

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:27 PM
Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: You act normal. You tell them how much they mean to you and you make them feel comfortable.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)