Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of kids with autism

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this
How did they do with trick or treating?

My dd, 6, had fun for the first time this year. I was so happy and proud.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2016 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Nov. 1, 2016 at 9:26 PM
She did pretty good, except that she talked to every single person handing out candy. She was mostly appropriate. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 9:40 PM
Aw, she sounds sweet :) my dd isn't much of a talker

Quoting LilysMama719: She did pretty good, except that she talked to every single person handing out candy. She was mostly appropriate. Lol
mewebb82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 9:47 PM
We went to the city trick or treat on Main Street (business trick or treating) before the neighborhood fun and he got so overwhelmed, he wore himself out and fell asleep on the way home. I woke him up before it was time to go out, but he was struggling with the door knocking and melted down so I told my husband and daughter to go ahead without us. I ended up taking him just to a few neighbors and then we came home and sat on the front porch so he could help me pass out candy without more door knocking. He did ok with that aside from a few scary costumes and one with flashing lights. It wasn't his best night at all, but he enjoyed parts of the excitement at least.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:16 PM
My dd talks a lot,but her conversations and questions are not always socially acceptable. She just says whatever comes into her head.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Aw, she sounds sweet :) my dd isn't much of a talker

Quoting LilysMama719: She did pretty good, except that she talked to every single person handing out candy. She was mostly appropriate. Lol
marilyn623
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:18 PM
Pretty good! We had some wardrobe issues lol. But she was really well behaved
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:30 PM
No night can be perfect ;) glad he enjoyed most of it!

Quoting mewebb82: We went to the city trick or treat on Main Street (business trick or treating) before the neighborhood fun and he got so overwhelmed, he wore himself out and fell asleep on the way home. I woke him up before it was time to go out, but he was struggling with the door knocking and melted down so I told my husband and daughter to go ahead without us. I ended up taking him just to a few neighbors and then we came home and sat on the front porch so he could help me pass out candy without more door knocking. He did ok with that aside from a few scary costumes and one with flashing lights. It wasn't his best night at all, but he enjoyed parts of the excitement at least.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:30 PM
Woo hoo!

Quoting marilyn623: Pretty good! We had some wardrobe issues lol. But she was really well behaved
tsatske2
by Latricia on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:32 PM

My sons always enjoyed it, but they are very HF. My 30 year old son with Aspies sat outside with me last night giving out vegan, gluten free, allergy free cookies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:32 PM
I'm not a mom but a very proud aunt. He did beautifully, they had a practice run set up for their local group & all of the kids got to practice until they felt good to go. He did so good. We were all very proud. He even spoke to the people which is a huge deal for him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:33 PM
My boys don't do dressing up or trick or treating.Too much stimulation for them.We just make some baked halloweeny goodies and stay in on Halloween.We made a pumkin cheesecake last night.It was pretty yummy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)