Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They are the same...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
My son is biracial. His father is black and I am white. My father does not consider him black. I don't either actually because I want him to embrace both sides of his heritage. Tonight I was watching Criminal Minds with my father. We were discussing Shemar Moore. My father said he was black. I told him that he was also biracial. His mother has French and Irish heritage just like me. My father said he looks black so he is. I told him that he is the same as my son. My father said no my son is white. My son has mocha skin and tight curly hair btw. I will never understand my father.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2016 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RennerAddict
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 9:40 PM
Maybe he sees what he wants to
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 9:42 PM

So your dad is low key racist? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 9:43 PM
The older he gets the less low key he is.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

So your dad is low key racist? 

tsatske2
by Latricia on Nov. 1, 2016 at 9:43 PM

My nephews insist that they are not black, they prefer to call themselves brown.

susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 9:47 PM

Tell your idiot father that everyone is of mixed race. All countries have been visited or invaded by other countries and other races. Everyone is multiracial. I loathe the perception that people with white and black parents are black, as though only one side of their heritage matters, and of course it's used as a weapon. They are biracial, equally white and black, and all of the other ethnicities of the ancestors.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 9:52 PM
I have but its fallen on deaf ears. His mind is going now as well. As long as he doesn't insult my son I usually let it go now. However to consider two biracial people opposite races really made me wonder if his logic is gone.

Quoting susannah2000:

Tell your idiot father that everyone is of mixed race. All countries have been visited or invaded by other countries and other races. Everyone is multiracial. I loathe the perception that people with white and black parents are black, as though only one side of their heritage matters, and of course it's used as a weapon. They are biracial, equally white and black, and all of the other ethnicities of the ancestors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)