Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby wearing mommas!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I want to baby wear or whatever the acceptable term is. What is your best suggestion for a wrap and why do you prefer your chosen one over others? TIA!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lovebugs_mom906
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:51 PM
For newborns, I really liked the moby wrap. It keeps them nice and snuggle tight the way little ones like it. As the got older, I loved my ergo. That was well worth the investment!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:55 PM

I've had a few; I used a Moby wrap when my babies were newborns - I recommend the K'Tan instead, though, it's much easier to use. They both get pretty warm, so if you have a winter baby they should be fine, but for summer babies I'd suggest a woven wrap.

I actually prefer soft structured carriers. I invested in an Ergo carrier, and love it. It's also on the cheaper end for carriers that don't hurt your back; the baby bjorn and infantino carriers are terrible for that, they put all the weight on your shoulders. A good carrier will distribute the weight evenly between your hips and your shoulders. 

Other brands that I have heard excellent things about: Boba, Beco, and Kinderpack (Kinderpacks are not cheap, though, not by a long shot).

charm2mama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:58 PM

I used a boba then moved on to an ergo. I went through a lot of carriers before getting to the ergo. 

g33k
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2016 at 9:16 AM

before your buy, borrow one from a friend to test it out; not all babies like them! my dd hated it and i wasted so much money on that stuff.  

HeatherArtLife
by New Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:32 AM

We love Boba Wrap because it is nice and soft and stretchy - great for getting a good fit and being hands-free. Then when bigger (for us, three months), switch to a great SSC. We also went with Boba because that carrier goes right up through toddlerhood and has lots of amazing features. It's very comfortable, even for big kids, and the company rocks! 

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:34 AM
I love my mobys. I started with the wrap and moved up to the aria.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:35 AM
I loved my money for newbies and ergo and water sling after that. I always wanted a Tula and just didn't buy one.
maminka-4
by on Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:35 AM

I started with a ring sling and moved to an ergo once they were a year old. Still used the sling when running errands since it was so quick to pop in the child and go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)