• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carseat Opinion Question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

What is your opinion when a parent puts their child in a regular seatbelt as soon as they turn four. No booster seat, just a regular seatbelt, day the kid turns four, no matter their height and weight. Their reason being so they don't have to deal with car seats anymore. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:06 AM
I try not to judge, but that's one thing I can't help but judge. I hate it. I've got four kids and even my 10 year old still in a high back booster, but he's short. When he's 4'9 he will be out of one. Technically the law here is 8 but I go by height and weight. His high back goes to 100 lbs and he's just over 60 so he's got a ways to go on that as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:08 AM
I don't care.
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:09 AM
They're idiots!
supermama322
by Kaylee on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:09 AM
Not my kid, not my problem. I personally think it's irresonsible and careless so I would never do it
ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:09 AM
I think it's sad that they just refuse it for the simple sake of not wanting to be bothered.
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:10 AM
I think they don't care about whether their child is safe in a car. Honestly I think car seat aafety is one of the easy decisions in parenting, making the wrong choice in that matter is kind of lazy to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:11 AM
Sadly my daughter will probably be in a booster until she's 10th or 11th grade.... she is 4' 3" and barely 53 pounds..she doesn't grow fast at all :(
Hoppers33
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:12 AM
Is that even legal? I think that a plain seatbelt for a 4yo is ridiculous, but I'm also not over the top with how long a kid should be in a booster. There's a line between safety and paranoia, but that's not even remotely safe.

And what the hell is so hard about a carseat once your kid is that age? By 4, mine could climb in the car and buckle themselves in a 5pt harness. It took maybe 5 seconds to unbuckle them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:15 AM

I have a cousin who's only 4'8 and she's 34

Quoting Anonymous 2: I try not to judge, but that's one thing I can't help but judge. I hate it. I've got four kids and even my 10 year old still in a high back booster, but he's short. When he's 4'9 he will be out of one. Technically the law here is 8 but I go by height and weight. His high back goes to 100 lbs and he's just over 60 so he's got a ways to go on that as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:21 AM
Lucky for him he doesn't come from a short family or he'd be in one until he was driving. Actually funny story, my sister (adopted and slightly short, I think 4'9" to 5'2") used a car seat of sorts after she learned to drive because she didn't sit high enough. It was totally her choice.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

I have a cousin who's only 4'8 and she's 34

Quoting Anonymous 2: I try not to judge, but that's one thing I can't help but judge. I hate it. I've got four kids and even my 10 year old still in a high back booster, but he's short. When he's 4'9 he will be out of one. Technically the law here is 8 but I go by height and weight. His high back goes to 100 lbs and he's just over 60 so he's got a ways to go on that as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)