• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you voted (or support) Trump, answer this please.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 202 Replies

So the reality is Trump will be president come 2017. Regardless of how anyone feels about it, it's going to be happen so those of us that weren't for him have no choice but to accept it. I am not making this post to bash anyone because quite honestly, this election has been a very good lesson for me. So I am asking, with an open mind and sincere curiosity, what are your reasons for supporting him. I am just trying to see things from a different perspective. I won't call you a racist, bigot, sexist or anything else. Just want to see things from a place that isn't my own. 

Your race, education level, class, etc isn't my concern. Just looking for reasons.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:07 AM
4 moms liked this

I voted for him because I could not trust Hillary. I thought the things he said about women were demeaning and disgusting but the fact that she destroyed evidence made her very untrustworthy in my book. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:09 AM

A lot of people shared your sentiments.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I voted for him because I could not trust Hillary. I thought the things he said about women were demeaning and disgusting but the fact that she destroyed evidence made her very untrustworthy in my book. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Because he aligned more with my beliefs than Clinton. He wasn't my first choice. I didn't vote for him in the primaries. In my eyes, he was the lesser evil.
SummerMeow
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:15 AM
2 moms liked this
I hate Hillary. I found the idea of the Clintons being in the White House again nauseating. Didn't think any of the third party choices looked good. Staying home wasn't an option either, so I went with Trump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:20 AM
25 moms liked this
Because I really do want someone to close down our borders to people who would come here illegally and take advantage of all we have to offer. Half a million people pour over our southern border every year. No other country would allow such a thing so I don't understand why we would.

HRC may just be one of the most crooked politicians EVER. Seriously. When you destroy tens of thousands of pieces of evidence AFTER BEING SUBPOENAED, it's a crime and it was in an effort to cover up more crimes.

This is the first time in US history that we've elected someone without a political or military background. I'm kind of excited to see how a business man is going to run the show. Plus, he's taking a massive pay cut to do a job that no one in their right mind should want. He's either insane or actually does want to do some good for this country. Maybe both.

He's actually someone who could possibly deal well with other foreign leaders. HRC was actively working toward a war with Russia.

I don't want thousands of refugees coming here without a proper vetting process to weed out terrorists. Call me racist or whatever, but that is the world we live in.

Do I like the guy? Fuck no. I don't have to like my plumber either, but if he can fix it when shit is backing up into my yard, I'm happy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:21 AM
7 moms liked this
I'd like to see answers that don't mention the Clintons at all.

What do they agree with in Trumps platform. that seems to be a lot harder for a lot of them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:22 AM
2 moms liked this

i voted for Trump because I do not trust Hillary at all.  Trump tells it like it is you know exactly where he stands, which may or may not be a good thing with foreign countries but we need to focus on the US for a while anyway.   and he owes no one anything.  As far as the things he said about women well it wasn't the first time i have heard a guy say things like that and it won't be the last.  Most men act like pigs at least once in their lives doesn't make it right but it could be worse, Like some of the things Hillary has done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:27 AM
Hilary is not trustworthy. The Clinton foundation accepted donations from many horrible people including the saudis. They have so many human rights violations especially against women and gay people. How can they take money from a country that kills you if you were rapped or gay. No women's rights in Saudi but you say you are pro LGBT and women's rights
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I voted for him because I felt he was considerably more qualified.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:27 AM
4 moms liked this
I had said years ago, if he would run I would vote for him because of his business experience and the hope he would help this country financially. After he started running his mouth, I was on the fence.
However, I could no vote for Hillary. I feel she is just too deceptive and my views are different than hers on a lot of issues. I've not trusted that family since I was old enough to care.
However, now that Trump has put out his plan for his first 100 days, I feel even better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)