Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"We were raised to be republicans!"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
This is what my brother texted my mom. He told her to tell me to stop posting democrat stuff on Facebook. He doesn't want to see it because we "were raised to be republicans." I died of laughter. My mom herself didn't even vote for trump this year. The dude doesn't realize he can hide my posts. I just made it so him and his wife wouldn't have to see them.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:14 AM
It's not like I was tagging him in my posts. If he didn't like it he didn't have to look. I don't like reading republican stuff, but I am an adult and know how to scroll past it or hide it when it gets excessive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:17 AM
Oh and he mentioned my sister in it too. The funny thing is that she's not posted a single thing about trump, only her girlfriend has so how he saw something she posted, who knows.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:17 AM
How about showing some class and realize that Facebook isn't the place to post political bullshit?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:19 AM
Social media is where you share what's important to you. This election means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. It's a major event in a lot of people's lives so of course people are going to post political stuff on Facebook. It's a good place to vent.

Quoting Anonymous 2: How about showing some class and realize that Facebook isn't the place to post political bullshit?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:21 AM
What I also find hilarious is him complaining about this but he doesn't even know how to vote.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:21 AM
The election was important to most people but my friends had the common sense to realize politics are hot topics and Facebook isn't the arena for that. Everyone had the restraint and the class to realize that. Nor is Facebook the place to vent.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Social media is where you share what's important to you. This election means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. It's a major event in a lot of people's lives so of course people are going to post political stuff on Facebook. It's a good place to vent.
Quoting Anonymous 2: How about showing some class and realize that Facebook isn't the place to post political bullshit?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:24 AM
For a long time I held back but literally every other person was posting about it. It's not about class. People talk about what's going on in the world around them and their perspective. It's normal, that's why political stuff is always trending.

Quoting Anonymous 2: The election was important to most people but my friends had the common sense to realize politics are hot topics and Facebook isn't the arena for that. Everyone had the restraint and the class to realize that. Nor is Facebook the place to vent.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Social media is where you share what's important to you. This election means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. It's a major event in a lot of people's lives so of course people are going to post political stuff on Facebook. It's a good place to vent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:26 AM
Umm no its not. If everyone else was posting shit then you need to upgrade the quality and caliber of people you associate with.

Quoting Anonymous 1: For a long time I held back but literally every other person was posting about it. It's not about class. People talk about what's going on in the world around them and their perspective. It's normal, that's why political stuff is always trending.

Quoting Anonymous 2: The election was important to most people but my friends had the common sense to realize politics are hot topics and Facebook isn't the arena for that. Everyone had the restraint and the class to realize that. Nor is Facebook the place to vent.

mischele
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:28 AM
Oh boy I posted anti Hillary memes on my FB page for months. Then the day after the election I had to post an apology bc a friend informed me I was gloating. Most of my friends were voting for Trump so I'm sure I didn't upset to many people lol growing up my parents didn't include us in politics. But as soon as I registered to vote my step dad was right there to guide me. I do know my step mom and dad voted for Trump. I'm pretty sure my step dad voted for Trump it's unclear about my mom. My family is for the military. So more than I know are for Trump.
squeekers
by squeekers on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:30 AM
I was raised republican until I was in the service during the Bush years, and the Kuwait invasion. It made me wonder & now I am a full democratic member.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)