Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am I too unforgiving?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 183 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have kids of my own and a nice job. I don't allow anyone to put me in a bad position with my job or my kids. DH thinks that Im too unforgiving.

His ex called the police on him for a minor non violent dispute. They were called in front of our home. After this I refused to allow her to come to our home AND I no longer watch their kids. Ill not be engaged in drama.

Secondly, his 10 year old niece was here for a sleepover about two years ago. She called her mom crying because I wouldn't let her sleep in my room with me and my kids. She also said Id been nasty to her. I said she can no longer come over because she said things about me that were not true.

Am I too unforgiving?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this
So your kids weee sleeping in the room with you and you told this little girl that she couldn't. Weird
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:47 AM

Yes...  you are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:49 AM
13 moms liked this
Yes. Sometimes you have to be the bigger person.

And why would kids sleep in your room while they had a cousin sleeping over? That's just weird.
emandab
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous 3: Yes. Sometimes you have to be the bigger person.

And why would kids sleep in your room while they had a cousin sleeping over? That's just weird.

That's what I was thinking.
Gavinsmom2013
by Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly I think you're a bit dramatic, especially when it comes to his niece.
TheRaz
by Liz on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Well I think you're being harsh.

Your niece came for a sleepover and felt uncomfortable and excluded, wanted to be with you and her cousins... and was being a dramatic preteen about it. I'd let that shit go. She was the child in this situation. Though I can't imagine she'd want to visit after being banned from your home for two years because of one tall tale after being made to feel uncomfortable. She definitely needed consequences for lying, but banning her from your house is.... extreme.

And I don't understand why you won't watch your step kids over their mothers actions.

So I guess all in all I agree that you are being too unforgiving.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:03 AM
My kids were toddlers and she was picking on them.

She woke me up and that doesn't fly with me. The bedrooms are a meter apart.

Quoting Anonymous 2: So your kids weee sleeping in the room with you and you told this little girl that she couldn't. Weird
KoiKamsahamnida
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:03 AM

You won't watch your own stepkids???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:04 AM
Im not responsible for her. Im not obligated to have a liar in my care

Quoting Gavinsmom2013: Honestly I think you're a bit dramatic, especially when it comes to his niece.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:05 AM
exactly. if BM was dishonest to the police regarding the father of her kids what would stop her from telling lies on me.

Quoting TheRaz: Well I think you're being harsh.

Your niece came for a sleepover and felt uncomfortable and excluded, wanted to be with you and her cousins... and was being a dramatic preteen about it. I'd let that shit go. She was the child in this situation. Though I can't imagine she'd want to visit after being banned from your home for two years because of one tall tale after being made to feel uncomfortable. She definitely needed consequences for lying, but banning her from your house is.... extreme.

And I don't understand why you won't watch your step kids over their mothers actions.

So I guess all in all I agree that you are being too unforgiving.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)