Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Serious question for Trump supporters

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I mean this completely non snarky

How is Trump "draining the swamp" when senate and congressional Republican incumbents, some who have been there for several terms, were reelected, and his rumored cabinet is full of career politicians, like Newt Gingrich?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:31 AM
The people voted back incumbents.

Key word "rumored".

Serious question: iq above or below 85?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:42 AM
He has changed the political climate in Washington. Historically it's been a place of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours". Job have been appointed for votes, favors, perception instead of by qualification. Candidates have been favored by the DNP and RNP so that they receive more money than others during the election process. Special interest groups have funded elections in exchange for legislation.

Trump used his own money through the primaries. He spent half of what Hillary spent during the election. He wasn't chosen or favored by the RNP. He basically said F you to the RNP by ignoring every good ole boy procedures that have been in place for decades.

His election has forever changed the political climate in Washington. It's not noticeable yet, but in the next few years we'll see more career business people and less career politicians in office.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:12 AM
Imo I want him surrounded by as much experience as possible. There's no one he could pick worse than himself. He's such a dumb fuck he should have Hillary over for some sleepovers so she can train him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schauseil
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:26 AM
What are you talking about? He hasnt changed the "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" at all. Certain ppl supported him and now he is going to reward them with high positions. What else would you call that?

Quoting Anonymous 3: He has changed the political climate in Washington. Historically it's been a place of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours". Job have been appointed for votes, favors, perception instead of by qualification. Candidates have been favored by the DNP and RNP so that they receive more money than others during the election process. Special interest groups have funded elections in exchange for legislation.

Trump used his own money through the primaries. He spent half of what Hillary spent during the election. He wasn't chosen or favored by the RNP. He basically said F you to the RNP by ignoring every good ole boy procedures that have been in place for decades.

His election has forever changed the political climate in Washington. It's not noticeable yet, but in the next few years we'll see more career business people and less career politicians in office.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:26 AM

In a completely non-snarky way, they didn't think that far and they do not actually understand how our government works, bills are created, etc.

When you ask this question, you are going to get the answers that he funded it himself and didn't receive support, but that was a campaign and not running the country. 

This is because the thought process didn't go past electing someone not a career politician.  If he surrounds himself with experienced people, which sadly includes career politicians, he isn't doing what they were thinking.  He would literally have to speak with random Americans and then hope those random picks were given the go ahead by the congress full of people that they admit did not truly support him as a candidate for president. 

No matter what Trump wants to do, he will not accomplish it because while he may have said and want things they wanted, the people they voted into office guaranteed he will not be an effective president for the country.  These career politicians know what they want and they know he doesn't have the experience to stop them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)