• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really would like some of your favorite weight loss tips.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

I want to start a new path in life and that it will include me trying to lose weight.  

Not a diet, but a life style change that is what I need. 

What are some of your favorite tips? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:32 AM

My biggest problem is my stomach.  I freaking look pregnant!  

Thanks for your ideas ladies. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:35 AM
Following......

Here's a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:36 AM

Thank you! 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Following...... Here's a bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:41 AM
Quoting Anonymous 2: Following......

Here's a bump.

Me too!
g33k
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:28 AM

1) diet is key. what i say diet, i don't mean starve yoruself or dont eat -- i mean cut out all the sugary crap, processed foods, pop, candy, desserts.  switch to FRESH foods that YOU COOK yourself - lean proteins, lots of veggies, a small seriing of fruit, tons of water, limited amount of grains.

2) exericse reguarly...start small if you don't usually workout and work your way up to something more intense.  when i starte exercising again, i started out with a 4-minute workout. not kidding about that-- i did that until i could do this workout without feeling like i was sucking wind. this is it:  https://youtu.be/AimPOSXe7n4

then i did jililan michaels 30day shred to prep for Insanity. Then I finished insanity, moved on to P90X, Body Beast, did hybrids of each program and now I'm doing Muay Thai full time.  

it was a slow process (started this in 2012)  and now i'm in the BEST shape of my life.

it was a complete change in LIFESTYLE -- i was not concerned at all about the scale or "getting skinny" -- i was concerned about my health and did this to get healthy.

so #1 and 2 -- that's all there is to it. no magic pill, no gimmick - just a clean diet and exercise.  don't expect miracles within a week or even a month or even 3 months!   slow and steady wins the race. it took me nearly 10 months of KILLING MYSELF to lose all of the extra weight but i kept at it and kept going.  

remember -- you have to be willing to put in the work and be disciplined with it. you can't half ass it or you won't get results. if you aren't really into it and don't want it bad enough, you will never be successful...that's the bottom line.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:28 AM
Burn more than you eat
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:28 AM
A lot of walking and bike riding. Good luck!
lancet98
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:31 AM

Eat less food and exercise every day.  15 minutes of walking to start, work up to an hour. 

Write down what you eat for 3 weeks, weighing each item accurately, then calculate the number of calories. 

From that number of calories, cut your calories back by 30%.  Stop eating fried foods, pastries, sodas and stop using butter and cheese and gravy and sauces - forever.  No ice cream or other full fat dairy products.  Broil things instead of making casseroles with sauces.  Consider fruit to be the occasional special treat, and always eat it plain with no sugar or sauce.  Eat 3 meals a day, and dont' eat any snacks.

Yes, you will have to cut back on how much you eat permanently.  No, a 'special diet' is not the magic answer, but you do have to be aware of how much you eat and how many calories those foods have.  Yes, you will be hungry at times.  No, drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day does not help.  But some water is helpful.

And my last heresy: Don't exercise to burn calories.  Exercise because it's the healthy thing to do.

Most people drastically over-estimate how many calories they burn by exercising.  In fact, the way it winds up is they exercise and then eat more to compensate.  They wind up still eating far more than they burn off.

Don't eat a lot and then plan on exercising it off.  Eat moderately, exercise because it's the right thing to do.  Exercise an appropriate amount for your level of fitness. In other words, start with 10 minutes of walking every day.  Then add 5 minutes the next week.  And so on.  DO NOT do a crash program at the gym to 'burn off 300 calories'. 

I once went on a business  trip with a bunch of guys who ate like pigs all day and then got up at 4 am and went for a run they said would be 'nine or ten miles'.  They were 'burning off what they ate'.  Not only did they get more and more overweight, they got injured a lot.

Jojobug13
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:32 AM
Exercise. Don't diet or cut things you like out completely. Just cut back your portions and moderate your junk food intake. Burn more than you consume.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:32 AM
Eat only meats , low carb veggies and nuts and berries. No sugar, flour , ect .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)