Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So am I am menopause or what?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:56 AM
  • 6 Replies
I haven't had a period since February and it was my only period so far this year. I am having no menopause symptoms except a slight increase in irritability and a hotter temper. No hot flashes or night sweats, no depression. So what does that make me? Am I considered peri until it's been a year?

My mom had a really hard time and she said her mom did too. I
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AJsMom81507
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:58 AM

i wish i knew, because while i havent had one in a month im experiences the same thing, but i have night sweats.  i am 42.  ughhh

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:59 AM

These things are as unique as the individual.  My blood work clearly shows that I have as much estrogen as Dwayne Johnson, yet I still get periods all the damn time.  

Johnsmom5892
by Elijah on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:01 AM
Yes I think you are in menopause. I have horrible hot flashes.
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:02 AM
I think it's 2 years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:51 AM
Probably perimenopause. Full menopause is going one full year with no period.

I have one about every 3 months or so. I do have hot flashes and night sweats. Not fun! It's been in the 40s overnight and I sleep with the window next to my bed halfway open and a fan on me.

I'm in my early 50s and will be glad when this crap is over.
g33k
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:00 AM

sounds like perimenopause to me.  those symptoms can last for years until you finally are done with your period.

i'm peri as well (sucks!) but working my butt off to counter that through hormonal acupuncture and herbs. so far, so good! periods went back to normal and no more uncomfortable (internal) heat.  My skin also freaked out because i was running a hotter temp (got super dry and red/irritated) but that's gone now as well (thank god).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)