Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I tell him that I know?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
My boyfriend lost his job.
He's been acting really weird for a week, not calling me much and just staying distant. I sensed he lost his job but just ignored that feeling and didn't ask him about it because he figured he would tell me.

Anyways, I don't want him to feel embarrassed if I say sweetheart I know you lost your job and it's ok, we can do this (even though he has no place to go and I not his family has money to give him.)

Or should I just wait for him to reach out and tell me (which means I may not even here from him for a week or weeks because he's been ignoring everyone.) He is not even visiting his own son. He deactivated his fb and is off in his own little world.

So would you tell him that you know, or just stay silent and wait until he's ready to tell you himself?

I found out from his mom, who found out from his ex wife.
Thank you.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:59 AM
Bump
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:00 AM
2 moms liked this

No, but make it known you are there.

But being that withdrawn is not good. Watch him & make sure he isn't going down a bad path.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:01 AM

What did he do and why was he let go?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:11 AM
If your bf is not talking to you and will tell his ex important news before you it is time to move on. For me that days he does not trust you or feel safe enough with you to share.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:12 AM
I do want to be there for him.

Same time, I wasn't really happy in the relationship before he lost his job so I was thinking about breaking up with him.
I also miss my friends who he disapproves of me talking to.
I won't break up with him now, I'll do it later but by the way he is going down a bad path. I think he must have started doing drugs.
He's done this before but a long time ago and I didn't think it would happen again.
Thanks for your opinion on the matter.

Quoting JalynSpoon:

But being that withdrawn is not good. Watch him & make sure he isn't going down a bad path.

JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:14 AM

Wait - why stay if you don't want too? That is stupid. Staying because you think he might do something is crazy. If you think he will do something to you, then you should enjoy in the fact that he is ignoring you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I do want to be there for him. Same time, I wasn't really happy in the relationship before he lost his job so I was thinking about breaking up with him. I also miss my friends who he disapproves of me talking to. I won't break up with him now, I'll do it later but by the way he is going down a bad path. I think he must have started doing drugs. He's done this before but a long time ago and I didn't think it would happen again. Thanks for your opinion on the matter.
Quoting JalynSpoon:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:14 AM
Right, because last time he started using drugs I freaked the F out.
So now he doesn't want to lose me so won't tell me that he's using or lost his job (not because he's using but because of his driving record.)

Makes sense why he wouldn't want to tell me.

Quoting Anonymous 2: If your bf is not talking to you and will tell his ex important news before you it is time to move on. For me that days he does not trust you or feel safe enough with you to share.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:14 AM

he's just not that into you. move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:16 AM
I don't fear he'll do something to me.
I'm not leaving him now, he needs me. He even told me himself.
I love him that's why.
I'll leave when he's stronger and stable.
For now he's going to need my help moving, emotional support and many other things.

Quoting JalynSpoon:

Wait - why stay if you don't want too? That is stupid. Staying because you think he might do something is crazy. If you think he will do something to you, then you should enjoy in the fact that he is ignoring you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I do want to be there for him.

Same time, I wasn't really happy in the relationship before he lost his job so I was thinking about breaking up with him.
I also miss my friends who he disapproves of me talking to.
I won't break up with him now, I'll do it later but by the way he is going down a bad path. I think he must have started doing drugs.
He's done this before but a long time ago and I didn't think it would happen again.
Thanks for your opinion on the matter.

Quoting JalynSpoon:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:17 AM
And you think he is going to be a good life partner for you why?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Right, because last time he started using drugs I freaked the F out.
So now he doesn't want to lose me so won't tell me that he's using or lost his job (not because he's using but because of his driving record.)

Makes sense why he wouldn't want to tell me.

Quoting Anonymous 2: If your bf is not talking to you and will tell his ex important news before you it is time to move on. For me that days he does not trust you or feel safe enough with you to share.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)