Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I suspect my daughter is pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Just have a hunch. She's 21 (22 in January) and lives with us (she works full time and is saving money to open her own spa. She just finished the esthetics program in June).

She has been acting so so strange the past week or so. Firstly, I noticed she has been eating a lot more. She will eat very big portions and go back for seconds and then be hungry in a few hours again
Then I noticed her being snappy with us and her siblings (she is normally very even tempered she is usually just a delight to be around). Also, we usually have our periods together and it doesn't seem like she started hers yet (I would notice the pads missing).
Finally, she just looks off. It doesn't help that she threw up over the smell of my husband's cooking (it's not that bad!)

How do I confront her?!?
She drinks and smokes so if she is I want her to know sooner than later.
Her boyfriend is a turd but we will deal with him separately
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:49 AM

Ask her, and do it sooner rather than later.  If she's missed a period, insist that she gets a test.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:49 AM

Oh, I think you should just go after her with both barrels, really get in her face about this, demand some answers!

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Why not make a joke about it. Then maybe it will sink in. Maybe she hasn't even thought she is and that it's something else.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:50 AM
Maybe she doesn't know.
maliksmama2
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:50 AM
2 moms liked this
There's no magic way to confront her, you just have to do it. You can ask her if she thinks she might be pregnant, or if something is bothering her because you noticed that she is not her usual self.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:51 AM

buy her a pregnancy test and leave it on her bed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:52 AM
Buy her a test and tell her to pee on it.
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:53 AM
You have your periods together?
Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:54 AM

You don't.  You simply ask her straight out.  She's not some 15-year-old but an almost 22 year old woman.  Tread carefully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:54 AM
I meant at the same time (it's not really a "together" situation). But yes, the same week

Quoting cutebaby06: You have your periods together?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)