Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gang wars.. I wake up every day to death.

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:50 AM
  • 36 Replies

We have mice gangs. I have been watching them for a while. We have the light gray mice that live under the stove, the dark gray mice that live under the tv in the living room and the brown mice that used to control under the fridge but have recently relocated to the back bedrooms.

We hear them fighting every night. There has been a turf war going on in the kitchen for some time between the mice. The dark gray mice have been fighting for control, even though my 2 year old keeps them pretty well fed under the tv.. hes always throwing goldfish and cookies back there. The dark grays still want the kitchen for some reason.

The light gray mice have been trying to take control of the fridge where the browns are for a while. We constantly see them encroaching on the fridge area and saw a few of them sliding down the broom handle - guirrella warfare style.

The brown mice started migrating towards the bedrooms.. they are more of a peaceful bunch and I think the constant assault from the light grays were enough to make the brown ones flee and find refuge somewhere else.

The dark grays are ruthless though and even though the light grays won the fridge from the brown ones, they are losing the war for control of the kitchen to the dark gray ones and I keep finding dead light gray mice in the kitchen when I wake up.

Every morning there are more dead light gray ones.

I lose a couple of dark gray ones to the box fan we keep going at night.. they sneak into the bedroom and climb inside and get bashed in the head by the fan blades. I wake up and find them every so often. I think thats why they dont mess with the bedroom too much and why the brown mice have sought refuge in the bedrooms because they know that they dark gray ones dont really bother with that area.

The light gray ones are really taking an assault. My ods found one limping in the kitchen and tried to save it by feeding it and putting it under the tv for "safety" .. he wasnt aware of the intricate gang hierarchy and that under the tv was the dark gray mice territory.. the light gray one was dead by morning.

I should make a movie based on the life of the mice in my house.. its pretty interesting.

by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:54 AM
Lol, now that hilarious
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Or you know, turn your home into a mice death camp and just kill all the little bastards instead of watching them duke it out.

katcb1019
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:59 AM
We had a mouse that I swear was Mighty Mouse lol. I tried catching this thing and I swear it flew. It even survived an attack by the cat. I finally gave up and called an exterminator to get rid of it since I couldn't be sure if there were more.
Your mouse wars sound very entertaining.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm cringing SO HARD right now. You've got rodents running rampant in your house and you're so blasΓ© about it?

😲😲😲😱😱😱
2lilanklebiters
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:02 AM

Ive tried.. I first started with the glue traps and caught 3 of them.. but it made me cry. Too inhumane. I felt awful for the things. I tried poison, but removed them. The never went near it and then i was afraid of them dying in the walls and smelling up the apartment. I put out snap traps but they avoid them.. they are smart little fuckers. I am going to get some catch and release traps today after work. I was waiting for payday.

Quoting Ginger0104:

Or you know, turn your home into a mice death camp and just kill all the little bastards instead of watching them duke it out.

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:04 AM
Oh my...
2lilanklebiters
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:07 AM

We have had them for a few months.. when i first saw them it was just 1 dark gay one. Our hamster died and I guess i just had a special place in my heart for the thing. I started feeding it. Then it brought its boys and rivals and it got a little out of hand. Ive tried different trapping methods, but non seem like a good fit. The glue traps were the only one that worked and they are just so inhumane. Im going to get live traps today. But I guess we all kinda have a little place in our heart for the little creatures. They are not hurting anyone but themselves. I do have to keep the bread in the fridge though. But they are definitely entertaining. Its like having little pets you dont have to care for... kinda. My husband thinks im nuts, but the mice have grown on him too.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I'm cringing SO HARD right now. You've got rodents running rampant in your house and you're so blasé about it? 😲😲😲😱😱😱

2lilanklebiters
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:12 AM

I would call an exterminator, but we are moving in about 4 months. Im not going to waste the money and my landlord refuses to do anything about it... but they never fix anything in the place anyway. My bathroom ceiling is collapsing for a 2nd time because of a leak they never fixed. Honestly we kinda have a soft spot of the little things. They are entertaining and dh and I watch them at night.

Quoting katcb1019: We had a mouse that I swear was Mighty Mouse lol. I tried catching this thing and I swear it flew. It even survived an attack by the cat. I finally gave up and called an exterminator to get rid of it since I couldn't be sure if there were more. Your mouse wars sound very entertaining.

RainbowEater
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:13 AM

get a cat

katcb1019
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:15 AM
It was costly and honestly I felt bad about killing them. It was actually kind of cute, at least the one I was seeing on a regular basis. I really thought the cat would keep them at bay but he's old and I guess wasn't in the mood to really go after them.

Quoting 2lilanklebiters:

I would call an exterminator, but we are moving in about 4 months. Im not going to waste the money and my landlord refuses to do anything about it... but they never fix anything in the place anyway. My bathroom ceiling is collapsing for a 2nd time because of a leak they never fixed. Honestly we kinda have a soft spot of the little things. They are entertaining and dh and I watch them at night.

Quoting katcb1019: We had a mouse that I swear was Mighty Mouse lol. I tried catching this thing and I swear it flew. It even survived an attack by the cat. I finally gave up and called an exterminator to get rid of it since I couldn't be sure if there were more.
Your mouse wars sound very entertaining.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)