Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is another anything but the election post. I work a second job, so I can pay off debt and my car sooner. Any other (legal) money making ideas?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:50 AM
  • 15 Replies
?
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Sell things on Etsy or Ebay.
Donate plasma.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:55 AM

I play for weddings and make custom pinatas for birthday parties.

bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:57 AM
I wish I was talented at all

Quoting corticosteroid:

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:00 AM

You'd be surprised at some of the talents people have that they don't even realize they have.  Take a friend of mine, a few years ago she was flat broke and thought she had no job skills to get back on her feet because she'd been a SAHM for so long.  We were talking about it and I brought up that she was really organized and good at inspiring people.  Well, she turned around and started her own cleaning and organizing service, and now she makes more money than I do.

Quoting bubbs0809: I wish I was talented at all
Quoting corticosteroid:

bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:06 AM
That is great. I think about the things I can do, but making money writing is a gamble

Quoting corticosteroid:

You'd be surprised at some of the talents people have that they don't even realize they have.  Take a friend of mine, a few years ago she was flat broke and thought she had no job skills to get back on her feet because she'd been a SAHM for so long.  We were talking about it and I brought up that she was really organized and good at inspiring people.  Well, she turned around and started her own cleaning and organizing service, and now she makes more money than I do.

Quoting corticosteroid:

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:11 AM

I know one can make money writing for those advice websites.  What kind of writing were you thinking about doing?

Quoting bubbs0809: That is great. I think about the things I can do, but making money writing is a gamble
Quoting corticosteroid:

Quoting corticosteroid:

bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:14 AM
I can write poetry, short stories and I probably could give advice.
I'm a lot better with words than I choose to demonstrate on here

Quoting corticosteroid:

I know one can make money writing for those advice websites.  What kind of writing were you thinking about doing?

Quoting bubbs0809: That is great. I think about the things I can do, but making money writing is a gamble

Quoting corticosteroid:

Quoting corticosteroid:

shadow_lark
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Go to your library and in the reference section look for the book writers market. It's basically a huge lost of publishers and magazines, how to submit, what they pay etc... If you want to make money with it, you just have to submit and keep doing it.

Quoting bubbs0809: I can write poetry, short stories and I probably could give advice.
I'm a lot better with words than I choose to demonstrate on here

Quoting corticosteroid:

Quoting corticosteroid:

Quoting corticosteroid:

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:19 AM

Take a chance on self-publishing through Amazon.  I've been trying to work up the nerve to do that myself.

Quoting bubbs0809: I can write poetry, short stories and I probably could give advice. I'm a lot better with words than I choose to demonstrate on here
Quoting corticosteroid:

Quoting corticosteroid:

Quoting corticosteroid:

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:22 AM
I don't remember, do you have a yard? You can pick things up cheap/free & have yard sales when you have enough stuff. I've found things on the side of the road & sold them for several hundred dollars.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)