• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont know what to do!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
My dd has took to doing this high pitch screech all day none stop, we could be outside we could be inside we could be eating or at times the park and it did all she does.

Her doctor says head start might be best since she isn't being challenged at home, she's a year I didn't know I had to challenge her a lot.

She's learning to speak and count ect and maybe she's getting bored? I dont know anyone else had a dd who only screeched?

We have no mommy and me classes and parks are mostly older kids so i dont know maybe it might be better
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:21 AM

DD did everything early and I know around a year old, I had a hard time with her at home. She truly wasn't being challenged and there was only so much I could do.

Are there library classes you can take her to? A local YMCA?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:23 AM
Sadly no and if it's there it's like 50$ a day... I dont have hat

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

DD did everything early and I know around a year old, I had a hard time with her at home. She truly wasn't being challenged and there was only so much I could do.

SueWanda
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:26 AM

Head start at 1??

At 1, you wnat her to be exploring her environment, learning words, participating in sing-song activities, listening to stories.  

I don't know that head start is going to provide her with more stimulation than you can.

Talk to her as much as possible.  Just describe everything you're doing or where you're going.

Let her play outside.  get shaving cream and smear it on the table and let her "write" in it with her fingers.  

See if she can sort things by color.  SHe doesn't have to know what red is, but put all the red things in a pile.

CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:09 PM

Take her out as much as you can then and explore. Explore the environment around you. It would be good for both of you. Look up any events that may be going on around you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Sadly no and if it's there it's like 50$ a day... I dont have hat
Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)