Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there any truth to this? (Trump)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
That when Trump repeals Obamacare it will be hard to get insurance if you have a preexisting condition? Like I have OCD and have been on the same meds since I was a kid. What will happen?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:38 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:38 AM
I have seen nothing from him addressing pre-existing conditions. It is a concern for us also.
Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:39 AM
Did you have an issue getting it before ACA?
nb34
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:41 AM

You are screwed.

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:41 AM
The reason people think that is because before Obamacare insurance companies could and did deny you coverage for pre existing conditions. They would treat you for other conditions just not anything you had prior to that insurance company.

trump says he will repeal Obamacare, so people assume it will go back to what it was like before Obamacare.

I'm anxious to see if A) he can get it repealed and B) what he plans to implement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikLvsNick
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Based on what I have read so far, the pre-existing condition clause won't be touched. I was curious because my dad has asthma so I've been looking. That can always change but we won't know until he gets into office and starts implementing the changes to the ACA.

weaselpecker
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

The way I understand it is he is going to open all States to have more insurance providers, so that creates competition, similat to when AT&T owned much of the market for cell phone service, they could charge whatever they wanted.  To offer more providers will not only lower your premiums, but I imagine most will be accepting of pre-exisiting conditions.  My neighbor's obama care went up to over 1,000 per month for a family of 3, in order for them to be able to afford healthcare, they had to go with a very high deductible, meaning they couldn't go to the doctor unless it is a true emergency.  Good luck, I have my fingers crossed that this will be better for all of us.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:47 AM

Well ACA doesn't allow denial of insurance due to pre-existing conditions and they can only charge a percentage more. Before ACA, people with pre-existing conditions were either denied, their condition excluded, or their premiums were extremely high. Trump says he wants to repeal ACA but has no plan on what to replace it with. So, no one knows what will happen. I have to believe that Congress will realize millions of their own voters will suddenly lose coverage which will have a negative impact on their own reelection. I can't count on them to do the right thing, but they will damn sure do the selfish thing.

Mizz_Sassyfrass
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:48 AM
I'm worried about that as well.
I had problems getting health insurance before ACA and am worried that I will be dropped once Trump repeals ACA.
If so, I'm screwed, unwind be able to afford most of my meds, especially my main RA medication.

Quoting Roxygurl: The reason people think that is because before Obamacare insurance companies could and did deny you coverage for pre existing conditions. They would treat you for other conditions just not anything you had prior to that insurance company.

trump says he will repeal Obamacare, so people assume it will go back to what it was like before Obamacare.

I'm anxious to see if A) he can get it repealed and B) what he plans to implement.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:50 AM

NO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)