Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why I don't donate to charity at Christmas time

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I feel bad for children who won't have a Christmas and the most I might do is put a toy in the toy for tot box. But I know to many people who abuse it. I know people who can afford Christmas but instead with do charity instead. I also know people who use charity and still buy their children gift.

I know one woman who just bought her kids a ps4 a week ago and about $100 worth of games and is signed up for charity.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I stopped doing nice things a long time ago. I've learned that no good deed goes unpunished anyway and I'm a lot better off sticking to me and mine.
romalove
by SakePrincess on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:44 AM
6 moms liked this
I'd rather donate and hope I'm helping someone than not donate and be assured that I'm not helping anyone.
Mrs_Sweet
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:46 AM
3 moms liked this
I would rather give one kid who is not in need a gift than ignore one who will get no presents. All charity has limitations; that doesn't stop me from donating.

I also use it as one opportunity to teach my daughter how to help others, and that not everyone is as lucky as she is.
weaselpecker
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this

I think giving is important, you don't have to give to people, why not give to an animal shelter that needs food?  I give all year, and actually less at Christmas, because that's when most people do. During Christmas the company I work for has a big bin set up and we all bring in pet food, litter etc. and donate it to our no kill pet shelter.

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:47 AM
3 moms liked this
My job as a Christian and a decent human being is to help those that need it. If they are taking advantage they will face the consequences eventually.
SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:49 AM
3 moms liked this

This is why we donate directly to the source instead of a charity organization. If you want to help, donate to a local homeless shelter. I'm pretty sure no one is faking being homeless to get a few gifts for their kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
We did the angel tree and bought 2 kids last year. Better to give than have children miss out
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:50 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't give to leave stipulations.a gift has no strings attached. I usually adopt a Christmas child every year, I adopt a veteran living at the VA and I donate treats, blankets and a Walmart gift card to the local dog rescue.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this
We stopped years ago. We donate all year to our local food pantry instead. No one should be hungry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:53 AM
I donate to the homeless shelter. I donate coats, hats, gloves, sleeping bags and blankets. We also donate thanksgiving dinners and Christmas meals. A local retirement home has a giving tree for the residents and we have done that before also.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)