Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soooo for veterans day... should I email my father?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:42 AM
  • 4 Replies
Some of you might remember my father who abandoned his family when I was 2 reached out to me this year.

I wrote him a letter wished him a peaceful death but gave him the riot act as well.

He told me he didn't have much longer in this world in his letter hence the death part.
However he told my sister other than the bets he's fine.
He followed up with a happy birthday email on my birthday.

So should I respond to that email wishing hi. A happy veterans day?

I thought of saying

You may have abandoned your family but you gave the country try 20 years. Happy veterans day.

No

Yes

Lol

I'm not going to just these terrible thought come into my head sometimes
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
happyflappy
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:49 AM
I think it depends on WHY you would be doing it. If you think it will give you closure and make you feel better then do it. If you think it will only make you feel more resentful then don't. There's really no right answer. Your feelings are your own and it's really not anyone else's place to say what's right for you. Do you think you will regret NOT reaching out to him?
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:04 PM
I would do just to twist the knife.

No I will never regret not having a relationship. He has nothing to offer me.

Quoting happyflappy: I think it depends on WHY you would be doing it. If you think it will give you closure and make you feel better then do it. If you think it will only make you feel more resentful then don't. There's really no right answer. Your feelings are your own and it's really not anyone else's place to say what's right for you. Do you think you will regret NOT reaching out to him?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:07 PM
I think you need to learn to forgive is obviously festering and not actually getting you anywhere.
happyflappy
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:17 PM
In that case, don't. It's not worth your time. Be the bigger person and move on. No sense in "twisting the knife " adding to your own feelings of resentment. I have to say this :When you choose to forgive someone, you're not doing it for them, you're doing it for yourself so as not to allow them space in your head. Easier said than done I know, and I need to heed my own advice in a certain situation. I hope someday I can get there.

Quoting mmm2015: I would do just to twist the knife.

No I will never regret not having a relationship. He has nothing to offer me.

Quoting happyflappy: I think it depends on WHY you would be doing it. If you think it will give you closure and make you feel better then do it. If you think it will only make you feel more resentful then don't. There's really no right answer. Your feelings are your own and it's really not anyone else's place to say what's right for you. Do you think you will regret NOT reaching out to him?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)