Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can someone be married to a racist

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
And not be racist themselves, or hold the same views? My cown worker thinks so.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs_Sweet
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:52 AM
I would not marry anyone who did not share my values, especially a value I hold as important as that.

Maybe others can delude themselves.
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Well you CAN, but why would you? At the very least you are being permissive of that kind of hate even if you don't agree with it. Why would you be with someone that condones that? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:54 AM
Yes. I can't imagine doing so myself.
Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:56 AM
Yes, but I dont see how someone could deal with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:57 AM
And i feel my being permissive you are essentially condoning it. (My personal opinion)

My co workers bf is highly prejudice, and she blows it off.

It came out her bf sent her a text message thst said (insert black co workers name here) need to go back to the fields and pick cotton. To which she replied lol

When questioned about it she said "it was just a joke" and you know I'm not racist I even bought (black female co worker) a crock pot when she moved and (insert black female co worker) a baby shower gift.

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

Well you CAN, but why would you? At the very least you are being permissive of that kind of hate even if you don't agree with it. Why would you be with some that condones that? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:57 AM

Well, my brother is racist and my sil is bilingual and was married to a latino man first and has mixed race familiy members and it doesn't seem to bother her. Drives me nuts, we don't talk anymore, but she's ok as long as he doesn't voice his opinions publicly. 

AliasKarma
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:58 AM

Yes. I know a couple like this. She does not approve and tries her best to keep him quiet about things and they drew a line as to what he can or cannot say. But she stays. She still loves him. She is the furthest thing from racist though with lots of black people in her family she loves and cares about alot. I think she just got far in too fast.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:58 AM
I was, I didn't see it at first (young and dumb) but my family was OK because despite being black, they were upper middle class. After the recession when my family lost almost everything it suddenly wasn't OK that I and my family were black
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:58 AM
I am. My husbands family is way more repressive. Hubs never used to be like that but as he has gotten older he has gotten way worse. Its hard but I have made boundarys in our house and around our child.
KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:58 AM
If she laughed at that joke then she is racist too.

Quoting Anonymous 1: And i feel my being permissive you are essentially condoning it. (My personal opinion)

My co workers bf is highly prejudice, and she blows it off.

It came out her bf sent her a text message thst said (insert black co workers name here) need to go back to the fields and pick cotton. To which she replied lol

When questioned about it she said "it was just a joke" and you know I'm not racist I even bought (black female co worker) a crock pot when she moved and (insert black female co worker) a baby shower gift.

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

Well you CAN, but why would you? At the very least you are being permissive of that kind of hate even if you don't agree with it. Why would you be with some that condones that? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)