Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Keeping your pregnancy a secret?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
I don't feel like ever announcing my pregnancy on facebook.
There are a few "friends" who were once close, but in one way or another have dropped out of my life during my ttc journey (it was a long journey).
I felt very alone.
Now that I'm pregnant!! And very excited about it!
I don't feel like announcing it to those who weren't there for me when I needed them.
I'm thinking I'll just announce the birth. But would it make me look bitter?

I'm not keeping it a secret from the people in my life.. just from those who have distanced themselves.

Does it make me sound mean or secretive or bitter? Or does it just not even matter?

I don't want to hurt people. I just don't feel they'd be happy for me, so I don't want to share my joy with them.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this
It doesnt even matter. We had a 13 year trial and didnt say anything on FB until we brought our son home. Those who knew couldnt wait to share and those who didnt were equally thrilled.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:58 AM
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:58 AM
Doesnt matter. I didn't tell anyone about my last pregnancy until I was well over half way through. And I only told them because they asked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:00 PM
Why are they on your fb anyway? Delete them and move on. No one cares about your pregnancy. You're acting crazy
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:00 PM

I dont think everything has to be announced on facebook. for me it was a way of letting family members know.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:01 PM

You can do whatever you want. I don't mean this is a mean way at all but most people really don't care besides your close friends and family. Stop over thinking and enjoy it. :)

ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:01 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why are they on your fb anyway? Delete them and move on. No one cares about your pregnancy. You're acting crazy

same here. we actually sent out an u/s pic in with our christmas cards to let our family members know that we were having another baby and that it was a boy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:02 PM
I have lots of family on facebook that I don't necessarily want to leave out.. but they would probably hear it through the grapevine. My family all talks to eachother.

Quoting ilovemykids323:

I dont think everything has to be announced on facebook. for me it was a way of letting family members know.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:03 PM
Thanks.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why are they on your fb anyway? Delete them and move on. No one cares about your pregnancy. You're acting crazy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:03 PM
I'd rather send out cards that announce it to family. Maybe we'll do that.

Quoting ilovemykids323:

same here. we actually sent out an u/s pic in with our christmas cards to let our family members know that we were having another baby and that it was a boy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)