Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working full time isn't enough! ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
I wish it was...

Every time I think I get ahead, I get behind...

This past week, I missed Monday due to a family funeral, I missed yesterday due to both car tires went flat... That's 14 hours of miss pay... Bills are paid, so no need to worry about bills.. Tuesday 5th went out to get some meat in the deep freezer and someone unplugged it and $300 worth of meat was spoiled 😡😡.. Its like I jump 2 spaces but fall flat on my ass.. I can never catch a break, thankfully we have meat in our freezer that I just bought but I will have to go shopping in 2.5 weeks.. Usually, I would go shopping once a month but sense someone unplugged the deep freezer I have to do it 2x a month urgh... So, I'm getting a second job, I don't want to but I have too.. Dh takes care of his mom 4x a week, he gets paid but he pays a couple small bills(again this time he dont).. He can't get a full-time job because no sitter and the jobs he has applied in the past clashes with my work schedule...

Yes, I get state insurance and food stamps.. I don't usually go to the doctors, only use it for medicine... I have anxiety, fighting depression, high blood pressure and I stress.. I'm stressing everyday and I cry of my fails that I do...

I get a second job, equals no time with my kids...

My furbabies(3, use to have 6) helps with everything emotionally... I can't get rid of them... Not an option, the rarely go see the get unless they need a shot or sick.. Food isn't expensive unless you get the expensive brand.. I don't..

This is a vent of me stressing out. No need to tell me my grammar is bad because I know!

-----------
Thanks to the helpful tips and to those who couldn't really give me good helpful tips thank you for showing me that I can't even vent without a negative remark. I can't go,to school right now because there won't be any guarantee that I would have a job afterwards. I did however look into dave ramsey and I'm going to start doing that budget to see if it will work. Dh told me not to,use a 2nd job and that God will help us. I'm stressed so tomorrow I am having a ME day and Not worry for awhile.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:03 PM
Hugs. I hope things start to look up for you soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:06 PM
3 moms liked this
Forget a second job. You need to go to school so you can have a career. If you don't, your life will always be like this.
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:07 PM
I feel you. Every time I think we're finally going to get the bills paid up, the Jeep breaks down, or some other unusual expense pops up. I was put of work for a few months and we can't seem to get caught up with me working over time and we make too much on paper to qualify for any assistance. I ask them how is it that I have a negative bank account, but don't qualify and they tell me that I gross too much. What good is it if it's going to bank fees or late fees?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:10 PM
I don't understand why you had $300 worth of dead animals if you're struggling? You don't need meat, and definitely not that much of it.
AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:10 PM
Hugs. I hope you land above water very soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I considered that but here is the thing.. Who will pay for school? Financial aid, student loan or even a grant? I can't afford paying a loan back...

Quoting Anonymous 2: Forget a second job. You need to go to school so you can have a career. If you don't, your life will always be like this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:13 PM
Because I would buy things on sale... Or will buy meat buddles, that helped a lot for a long while.. I wouldn't buy much meat because of it.. But that meat I bought 5 months ago and would last along while if someone didn't unplug it..

What do,i,need?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I don't understand why you had $300 worth of dead animals if you're struggling? You don't need meat, and definitely not that much of it.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:13 PM

State workforce commission.   Check into it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I considered that but here is the thing.. Who will pay for school? Financial aid, student loan or even a grant? I can't afford paying a loan back...
Quoting Anonymous 2: Forget a second job. You need to go to school so you can have a career. If you don't, your life will always be like this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:14 PM
I understand.

I have a career, as someone else suggested, and I still just barely get by. Everything looks good on paper, but something always seems to come up unexpectedly. Every time I try to build a savings, I have to use it. It's frustrating. I try my best and remember it won't always be this bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:16 PM
Beans, rice, lentils, vegetables. where did you buy the meat from? Did you even think about the environmental and ethical impact?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Because I would buy things on sale... Or will buy meat buddles, that helped a lot for a long while.. I wouldn't buy much meat because of it.. But that meat I bought 5 months ago and would last along while if someone didn't unplug it..

What do,i,need?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I don't understand why you had $300 worth of dead animals if you're struggling? You don't need meat, and definitely not that much of it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)